Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Is Here!

 
WINTER is gone...
but SUMMER is here!
It gets so HOT in the Valley
that I always forget to enjoy the SUMMER!
South Padre Island is closed for repairs
because of Hurricane Dolly.
Restaurants,... hotels...
they are all closed down for repairs...
The causeway
from Port Isabel to the Island
is closed, too,
and I do not know how to swim
so I wouldn't be able
to get across to the Island! LOL
 
The newspapers continue to be filled
with news
about Hurricane Dolly
& all the damage
that it has caused the citizens of the Valley.
Criminals got into the game, too...
Vandalizers tried to rob
a discount store in Brownsville...
Drug traffickers tried to cross
a ton of drugs across
the Rio Grande River...
 
I am two weeks away from Summer Camp.
I was selected to participate
as a volunteer facilitator;
remember?!#
You remember!
LOL
I wonder if I will have a job by then
or if God wants me to participate
at Youth Leadership camp.
 
The end of July is this Thursday.
I have to make a decision
about signing a six month's lease
or going month to month...
If I go month to month,
I have to pay more rent.
If I go with the lease,
I am bound to stay here
for another six months...
Decisions... Decisions...
Grrrr....
 
Oh, almost forgot to say
that B sent me a nickel for my birthday!
I was so excited when I saw it!
Unfortunately, it was the wrong date!
OMGG...
Where are those 1953 coins hiding?!#
Thanks for trying, B.
I am saving it anyway!
xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that you get a good job soon.

Yeah those 1953 coins are like men. The right ones are very hard to find, but you know that they are out there.

Anonymous said...

Your blinkies are adorable.  Sounds like you are spending your summer inside like me.  It's just too hot to do much outdoors.  When it starts to cool a bit I will be glad to get out some.  Still thinking about a beach trip by the end of the year.  Don't know yet.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like what # 1 said.  Love the Marilyn's!  hugs, B

Anonymous said...

I used to live in Kingsville Texas it did get hot but I loved it some really good memories there..have a great rest of the week..hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do if I were you about your rent..it is a bit of a dilema..could you afford to pay monthly ? if you can I think that would be best as then you would be ready to go wherever whenever.  They do say if we put our full faith in the lord we wouldn't worry about things...but it is not always so easy...I do know some who really and truly believe that the Lord will provide ALL their needs and he does....Love for now  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/