Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Journey

 
    At church, Monday is set aside as the day for Prosperity.  Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, everything that we  touch turns out wrong, so we did a washing of the hands and we prayed for a blessing of the hands...  Also, because it was Holy Week, we drank a little bit of milk and honey, because God promised Moses that His people would be going to the Promised Land, the land of Milk and Honey... the Land of Prosperity... 
 
   Then, we watched a little bit of the Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson. It was the part in the beginning, where Judas betrays Jesus in the Garden with a kiss and he hangs himself because he realized that he had done wrong.
 
   Tuesday is set aside as the day of Healing... We are reminded that Mary Magdalene annointed the feet of Jesus with the finest oils and she washed His feet with her tears and dried His feet with her hair... Jesus told her not to use all of the oil... to save it for His burial... In the bathrooms were a wine glass filled with blessed olive oil from Israel and some little cotton balls for everyone to annoint the parts of the body that need healing... The oil was put in the bathrooms to allow for privacy... I am surprised at how little oil I used because all of my body needs healing. (lol)
 
   We continued watching another piece of the Passion. We watched the part where Jesus was taken back and forth from Pontius Pilate to Herod and back again to Pontius Pilate who gave the people the option of freeing Jesus or Barabas, the notorias murderer, but as we all know, the people chose to free Barabas instead of Jesus.
 
   Wednesday is set aside for the Word. We read from the Book of Revelations, and we received the sprinkling of the water in rememberance of the River Jordan...
 
   We continued with another piece of the Passion of the Christ. This part was the hardest to take, because the torturing of Jesus was very graphic. It reminded me of the first time that I saw a statue at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Corpus Christi, Texas... It is exactly like this picture... That was the first time that I realized this great sacrifice that Jesus went through for me... That statue made it real...
 
Many of the people at church seemed ignorant of what actually happened during Holy Week... At is sad that so many people are so wrapped up in their own lives that they don't take the time to know what Jesus was actually all about... He lived 33 years for one great destiny... to lay down His own life for us...
 
   One thing that I do have to say, however, is that many people think that the nails went through the palm of the hands. Mel Gibson did the same thing in the movie. If the nail was driven into the palm of the hand, the hand would not be able to sustain the weight of the body on the cross. The movie should have shown the nails being driven into the joints at the wrists, because there is more support...
 
   Thursday was my favorite day because just as Jesus washed the Disciples' feet, our feet were washed, too... I had washed and oiled my feet beforeI went to the service, because I was embarrassed by the miles of damage that my feet have had to endure in my lifetime, but when he washed my feet, my feet felt different... I cannot remember if my feel have ever felt as cool. The temperature of my feet was different and that cool temperature remained with me for the entire day! I was very surprised to hear that many times,evil does not come through the head but through the feet and it makes it's way up into the body producing illnesses, etc.
 
  
We continued watching the Passion of the Christ. This was the part where Jesus carries the sins of the world on the Cross, where Jesus meets His mother, and the part where Veronica wipes the face of Jesus...
 
 
Friday is usually the day of liberation from demons and witchcraft, but this Friday was a little bit different, because it was Good Friday. We nailed our problems to the cross and we received a gold-plated cross, in rememberance of the Power we have in Jesus.
 
   We continued to watch the Passion of the Christ... We watched the part where Jesus was on the Cross, reviewing the seven words that Jesus said while he was on the cross...
 
   On Saturday, we recieved a gold-plated key with the name of Jesus on it, symbolizing the Key of Victory. We are reminded how Jesus had to die on the cross for our sins to go into hell to get the keys of Heaven that Satan stole when Adam and Eve were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Although Peter denied Him three times, Jesus returned to earth and gave the keys to Peter. Peter holds the keys at the Golden Gates of Heaven. The keys are a reminder that Jesus is the key to Heaven... the way, the truth, and the life... 
 
   This morning, all of us walked barefoot into a replica of the empty tomb of Jesus. There were so many people at church today that the service took longer than usual, because everyone in the church went into the tomb one by one.  When we went into the tomb, we took our shoes off, symbolizing that we were walking on Holy ground... We all received a short prayer and a blessing for a brand new life, that through the cross and resurrection of Jesus, all that is dead in our lives may resurrect itself and become a part of our new lives in Christ....
 
                                 
 
This week has been a beautiful journey with Jesus... It's almost as if I were on a retreat... Even though I am unemployed, I wouldn't have changed anything about this past week...
 
 
Abba, you know my problems before I even ask...
 
You know that because I have always had to struggle in life all by myself, I am a strong person, but...
 
This past year has not been the kind of life that I want for myself... This past year has been nothing more than days and more days of living in fear... fears of not knowing from oneday to the next if I will have a place to live... fears for my health... fears of falling and injuring my body again... fears of falling in love with the wrong man... fears of failing... fears of being so fat that I will not have anything to wear... fears of running out of food... Living with fear is no way to live...
 
Abba, I no longer want to worry about such things... Take care of the little things, Lord, so that I can focus on the greater things that I have yet to do...

Tags:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for sharing your week ,very moving ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So powerful, Winivere!  Thanks...it was like sharing in a retreat with you.  I do believe you will receive much peace.  My previous church used to wash and annoit feet during Holy Week.  Love N Hugs to you, Chris

Anonymous said...

Very good way to end Easter Sunday.  This entry was full of hope and renewal.  Thanks for sharing your week.
Love and Prayers, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Winivere!  

hugs,  Bethe    

Anonymous said...

What a great week you had!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I am sure you had a lovely Holy week Win. Now rest and be assured you are NEVER alone...he is walking besdide you, remember the lilies in the field and the little birds ? so how much more does he care for you.  LOve Sybil xxx

Anonymous said...

That is a novel way of observing the lead-up to Easter. Thanks for sharing, Win.

Anonymous said...

What a great week...thank you for taking me on the journey with you. What a beautiful entry.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S.......Than you for the beautiful Easter card.