Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday 2008

Good Friday... Today is the anniversary of my death. Twenty-eight years ago, I was in a terrible car accident, and I was declared dead. Before I died, I heard the doctors say that if I survived, I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life...
 
It was my role as a mother that made me plead with God to return me to earth for my children's sake, and I asked Him to heal my wounds, because I did not want to be a mother in a wheelchair... God listened to my heart's desires, and He brought me back to life...
 
I only asked God to allow me to live until my children were grown... I never expected to live this long... I have been so close to death so many times that my daughter is convinced that I am invincible... 
 
So here I am... still... I have no idea why God still has me here, especially since I have been waiting so long for my next assignment, but if I am still alive, that means that God still has a purpose for me... I continue to put my life into His hands for I trust whatever plans he has for me are much greater than anything that I could ever plan for myself...
 
St. Patrick's Day fell on Monday. It seems only right that Holy Week should start out with an Irish Blessing...
 
I am a bit behind in my entries, but since it was the only St. Patrick tag that I created, I didn't want the week to go by without using it in my journal... 
 
I have spent every day this week strengthening my spirituality. I need to go to sleep now, so I will write more about it later...

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rains fall softly upon your fields
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were given another chance my dear friend. Have a wonderful holiday! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous Easter Winivere.  By the way, that is my favorite Irish blessing.  I am half Irish (mom was a Kelly) and I love everything Irish...lol.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Great Easter entry ,and love the graphics ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Winivere, great entry

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you were granted a second chance at life....think of all the people who have been blessed by encouters with you. You are a special lady and the world is a much better place with you here. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I know God still has some huge purpose for you Winivere.  I just know it.  Love ya, chris

Anonymous said...

Great tag, and yep, Win, God has His reasons for keeping you around!