Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fish-Out-Of-Water

It seems that every day is a bad day with the boss lady... She has a short fuse and she is always tied up in a wad... We do not CLICK!

Today, she said that if she does not see improvement within the next two weeks, she is going to let me go. I think communication works both ways. Am I really at fault or is it that she does not know how to explain things the way she wants them?! One of the ladies at the San Antonio office says she pulls the same thing with another coworker.

I am so tired of having to do things over and over again just because she doesn't like the way something is printed or because she wants a period after all addresses, such as 1234 N. Anal Ave., Perfection, TX. 78555.

Then, she went to lunch.

When she returned, she sat in front of me and said that she had changed her mind... that she needed to conduct an exit interview immediately... So I am out of a job... AGAIN...

The whole time I worked for her, I could feel my body tied up in knots of anxiety. It's funny that after all is done, I feel somewhat relieved not to have to return there tomorrow, but I  am worried because money is tight.

I do not plan to add her to my resume... The time that I worked there was too short and she will probably give me a bad reference anyway, so I am back to Round One...

When I got home, I called up the temporaries, so I have appointments scheduled over the next two days to register with them and for testing, etc. I hope they will be able to find me some temporary work until I can find a job.

I also applied for a state job online, but what scares me is that it requires 75% travel.  My car is already so disabled that he is in need of a cane or a walker...

I hope something with less travel will open up, but sometimes, you have to do what you have to do, no matter what it costs.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Win.  I know you were counting on this job and searched so long for one, but if it wasn't right for you then you search some more.  There is nothing worse than dreading every day at work.  I'm back in prayer for you.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh Win,  I am so so sorry that things that started so well have ended on such a sad note.  We will have to continue to pray that your ideal job comes soon. Till then take as much rest as possible to build yourself up for busy days ahead. They will come. Much Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

So sorry Win to read this entry ,but I think you knew she wasnt being fair to you right from the start,Ihope you find some thing else soon ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the job didn't work out.  I think you'll find THE job for you.  remember when one door closes, another one opens.

hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

And to think, when typing the abbreviation for a state, a period shouldn't follow it, anyway.  Tx. perhaps, but not TX.

Oy, oy oy .

I'm sorry about this one, but, perhaps that sense of relief, perhaps God put you there for that brief time for a reason, pay a couple things to get you over the bump but to have you stay lookign?  I really don't know, of course.

May He open the next door for you:)

She is a trip, and I suspect, ultimately, you are better off w/out her.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't work out Win xx  Hope you'll have some luck with the agencies x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Damn, I am so sorry to hear this. Your "boss lady" is a real bitch.  I am sorry about the money situation. But I am also happy for you that you don't have to deal with her again.

I don't think it's you, I really think it's her.

Anonymous said...

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/lablaw/paydaylaw_faq.pdf

This link talks about frequently asked Labor laws in TX. I don't have time to read it all, but maybe you can read through them and see if she violated something in there.

Also, if you are low income enough, you can try and seek a pro bono lawyer. At least get some advice somewhere for free or a very cheap price.

I am sorry this happened to you.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry indeed to hear that you've been let go, Winivere.
However, if you don't get on with your boss, you're better off out of there.
Fingers crossed that you can find something else soon.

Anonymous said...

Winivere, I'm so sorry that this job didn't work out for you, but I'm very glad you don't have to deal with the stress of such a witchy boss.  Periods DON'T go after an address, she must be weird.  Well, i hope you find something quick.  I'm saying prayers for you.

Joann

Anonymous said...

Winivere,

Buena suerte.  I know you will end up where you are meant to be.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Veronica

Anonymous said...

Aw, Wini, I'm sorry you lost the job but I'm glad you don't need to deal with the stress of that boss.  She is far too picky.  In fact, it seemed like she was looking for things to pick on.  Keep the faith.  Do you still have your candles?  I will most definitely pray that God sends you a job.  You know He will take care of you.  Hugs n Love, Chris