Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Lady Sings The Blues

 I woke up with a long list of things to do yesterday morning, but I only scratched off about three things that were on my list... I didn't feel like doing anything...

I know I wasn't bored, because I always have something to do... 

My head hurt, my nose is stuffed up, and I slept a lot, so I told myself that it was probably a cold... but in the end, I realized that I was "singing the blues..."

I think it had to do with the review of my resolutions in the previous entry...

It frustrates me that I have not been able to  move forward... I took a closer look at my list, and I noticed that there are 11 items out of 20 that have to do with money or what to do with money... which I don't have right now, so... for now, I am going to put those items on hold...

This will be my revised list...

1. To always have everything I need.

2. A successful career, doing what I love.

3. To never have to worry about money.
 
4. To be healthy and fit and at my ideal weight.
 
5. A new romance with a single man who loves me and whom I can love and admire.
 
6. To spend more time with family and friends. 
 
7. More bubble baths, manicures and pedicures.
 
8. To go to Youth Leadership camp this summer.
 
9. To get in the ocean this year.
 
10. For my legs to be strong enough to dance...
 
I think this list will be easier to live with until I can finally  start putting money back into my pocket... It makes no sense to work on things that I cannot do without money... I think this list is pretty modest, although I know I can live without the guy. lol
 
 
Billy Holiday loved gardenias. She was known to wear them in her hair... My favorite flower is the gardenia... It is so much more fragrant than a rose... There is nothing like the fragrance of gardenias on a summer breeze...
 
I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered, but I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed but fine up against a wall.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Win, If I was a fairy Godmother the thing that I have always said that I would give my Goddaughter would be the gift of CONTENTMENT if we can be contented we can cope with ANYTHING..so my prayer for you is that you will alwyas be contented...everything else will come right in the end.  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Wini, I love the first comment.  Contentment.  That's something I could use a dose of.  Don't beat yourself up about your resolutions.  God has plans for you.  He's telling you to wait and be patient.  LOL..now if I would only listen.  Wake up each morning and smell those gardenias.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Billie Holiday was a great singer:) hsve a wonderful week

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Winivere.  I love the beauty of a rose but would much rather smell a gardenia.  And if setting goals is going to stress you out than put them away for a while.  Take them out in a couple of months and they will look different to you.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That Eleanor Roosevelt was a character!!!  I love gardenias, they remind me of my childhood, my mom had a HUGE gardenia bush in our yard!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAH at the Eleanor Roosevelt quote!  :)

Yeah, woman, you go.  

Anonymous said...

its always frustrating when you feel like you havent gotten as far as u wanted

Anonymous said...

Your lists of goals looks good....it's always good to keep reviewing where we are in the present year of our life. One thing I always tell Mandy though, is to not be so busy dreaming of the things you want to be....that you forget to love all the things that you already are. I struggle with that at times, but I'm working on it!!! You are a beautiful person Wyn, with a beautiful spirit to match.....never forget that my friend.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I love Billie Holiday....I have Gloomy Sunday on my Ipod & God Bless the Children and I play them ALL THE TIME.

Have a great day....

Michele