Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer Heat Wave

This summer heat has made it difficult to take my moonlit walks with God. I just takes so long to get dark, and I dont want to be walking outside at 9 p.m. I woke up early this morning to go for a morning walk. It wasnt as great as walking under the moonlight, but I am happy to report that I walked a mile this morning.

When I went to work, there were no cars in the parking lot. The clerical staff is off this week. I am worried about meeting my deadline because it is already July 10 and I told the principal that my last day would be on the 13th. Tomorrow is July 11.

Without my knocking on the doors, God had one of the cleaning staff bent over an opened door. I was able to get into the building to talk to Eluid, the head custodian. They had taken ALL of my stuff out from my office to clean and wax the floor. Eluid said he will set up my computer tomorrow. That was a long drive to discover that I couldnt do any work today.

I went to Wal-Mart to get my money back for a product that they charged me twice for. I found an olive green pantsuit and a 70's babydoll blouse in a turquoise, brown, and green print. Both are in summer fabrics, but that's okay because I live in a tropical climate anyway. I just hate to think that I am going to have to iron the pantsuit, because it is linen. The pantsuit is somewhat casual because of the fabric, which is good, because I want to change my look to business casual. The top is just a fun top and brings good memories of my youth and my modeling days. What happened to that girl?! The items fit a little tight, but I left the tags on just in case. I am proud of myself for choosing something other than black.

I got the jacket and the pant in different sizes. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12 or 14 because of her full bust, but she wore a size 8 in skirts and slacks. I think it is interesting to note that her legs were too short for her body. Makes me feel okay about my body being bigger on top and smaller on the bottom. My legs are also too short for my body. LOL If Marilyncan get away with it, I guess I can, too! But I will look better after I lose some weight.

I dont know if they are the right colors for me, but I am usually drawn to earth colors. Do they still do your colors? I think I am a cool summer. That means that I should start with Navy as a base and look for rose, lavender and blue colors. I dont fit in my navy skirtsuit, but perhaps someday, I will!

I found this site called FlyLady. (Check it out under FAVORITE SITES section in my journal.) On day one, you are supposed to shine your sink. That's all, just shine your sink. I was surprised that after I shined my sink, I washed the dishes, soaked some beans, cleaned the stove, cleaned the counter tops, cleaned the fish bowls, and cleaned Tidbit's cage (my cockatiel). I almost finished the kitchen!

                                     

I made a mistake when I decided to go through boxes, because my apartment looks like someone just moved in, and I havent been able to go through all of them. It's total chaos, boxes everywhere! But I'm ecstatic about my kitchen. You can open up any drawer or cabinet and everything looks so neat, because everything is in order. I hope I can finish it tomorrow after work.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we are built the same way !!!   I want to search your archives for a picture of you!
Have a great day.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS FOR WALKING THAT MILE, FOR CHOOSING CLOTHING IN OTHER THAN BLACK AND FOR BEING A WHIRLWIND IN THE KITHCHEN!!  YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY, FRIEND.  I FEEL INSPIRED!  TAKE CARE OF YOU AND HAVE NO WORRIES--GIVE ALL OF THAT TO GOD.