Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Beauty of Nature

            

The full moon greeted me this morning as I set out for my morning walk. It has been such a long time since I've seen that beautiful moon. The first time I feel in love with the moon was when I lived in Corpus Christi. The wife of a male coworker invited me and a few of her friends to her home. We went to the deck in her "backyard" which was all deck and no yard. It overlooked the bay. The moon was as huge as the Wizard of Oz's Glenda, and it just joined us, kissing the water, as if it was speaking to us. It was the most beautiful moon. I sometimes wonder why I have never looked at the full moon with a man. It seems that everytime I catch glimpse of the full moon, I am either alone or I am with another woman! The moon that joined that night is called a blue moon. It was the most beautiful yellow color. A blue moon only occurs about every four years. You know it is a blue moon because it is when there are two full moons in one month. 

          

 

  My favorite childhood picture, age 5. For those of you who asked, this picture included the bride and groom but I had them crop out just the kids. The little boy was a boy who lived in my hometown. His name is Freddy. I dont know who the bride was. All I know is that she picked me to be in her wedding. Freddy and I picked up her train. When my mother saw this picture in my home, it seemed like a bad memory for her, because the bride did not want my brother to be in her wedding. All I know is that this was the first time I ever had such a pretty dress. There have been very few times in my lifetime when I have felt pretty. When I wore this dress, it was the first time I ever felt pretty.

Nature has always been an important part of my life. In my childhood, I would spend countless hours chasing butterflies and fireflies and looking for golden ladybugs. My uncle noticed how much I loved to play in the meadow, and he made me a butterfly net. The net made it much easier to catch the butterflies, but it wasnt as exciting a sneeking up behind them to catch them by hand.

Yes, I loved playing in the meadow as a child! Playing in the meadow helped me to cope with the reality of my abusive childhood. It was my place to get away from it all. It was, literally, a breath of fresh air! There is just something so beautiful in consuming all the beauty that nature has to offer~ all the scents, all the colors, all the noises, all the insects, all the flowers. Oh so beautiful!

                                                

My moonlit morning walk was for only 15 minutes, as per the plan In 15 minutes I was able to walk 8 laps in the parking lot. I will need to measure how far that is, but it was enough for a good sweat. 

When I got to the office, the computer was unplugged. I thought that the school had unplugged the whole system, but moving a few wires made it work. I got a lot of work done today. I need to return tomorrow to see how much more I can accomplish.

I did pretty good at my diet today except that I forgot to pack a lunch and I ate some snacks that I did not plan on. Going out to eat is impossible because all the doors are locked. If I leave the building, I wont be able to get back in. Tomorrow, I will NOT forget my lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

READING YOUR ENTRY HAS LEFT ME NOSTALGIC FOR THOSE GOOD OL' DAYS ON THE BACK OF MY GRANDPA'S CHEVY TRUCK AS WE MEANDERED OVER HIS LAND IN THE COUNTRY. LOVED THE SIMPLICITY OF LIFE THEN; HOW NEW EVERYTHING WAS AND HOW WIDE OPEN THE LAND SEEMED...ANYTHING SEEMED POSSIBLE AND I WAS FULL OF HOPE AND THE WORLD WAS STILL INNOCENT.  SUCH AN ADORABLE PICTURE!!!!!  WHO IS IN PHOTO WITH YOU?  YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL...THEN AND NOW.  AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Great entry. We noticed that moon too, so pretty. I can remember also catching the fireflies (we call them lightning bugs) my daughter loves to do that now!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

ok !  I finally found your journal.. sorry.. I was not getting alerts.  I am here now. The moon sounds lovely.  I love seeing a full moon..  I WI in about a hour ~ hoping for the best.  LOL  I will be back and check with you more often.  Have a great evening.  Dondie