Saturday, July 1, 2006

A Day with the Angels

 Sleeping Beauty Pic 2Part 2?

A couple of days ago, he came into my dreams again. We were sitting side by side, talking. He respected my space and kept his hands to himself. It was if he was loving me softly through my intelect. Oh, he is too good to be true. Will my heart be able to let down its defense? Is God trying to prepare me for this? 

Whatever happened to the woman who was never afraid of anything? Being all alone in the world and working hard for a living seems so much easier than allowing my heart to open up to receive another wound. Every heart has its limit. Will he be able to love me past the pain?

*Graphic above is from Fairie Tale Theatre SLEEPING BEAUTY, starring Christopher Reeve and Bernadette Peters. 

Gardenia Yesterday was a little unusual for me, because I tried not to think about work. Although it is a long drive, I had been wanting to go to the shrine and to go to see my dad, so yesterday, I decided to drop everything and just go and do it. Little did I know that it would be a day that I would spend with the angels.

I started my day with an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds (never had one before). Taking myself out to breakfast was a treat I havent had in a long time. I need to be gentler with myself.

I went to the Dollar Tree and found a flag for my dad and a notebook small enough to carry in my purse. An old woman came up to me and put her hands over my eyes and blessed them. She said I have beautiful eyes. How did she see my eyes past my glasses? I wondered if this blessing was meant to open my eyes to things that I need to see.

They say it is good luck when an old woman gives you a blessing. When I am an old woman, I am going to give lots of blessings. At what age do you become an old woman? In 18 more days, I will have another birthday, but I am not eligible for the senior citizen discount yet, so I guess I am not an old woman yet. I will be 53.

 I went on to pay my dad a visit. I used a ribbon to tie a wreath around his tombstone, because I couldnt find any string and I stuck the flag between the wreath and the tombstone, hoping that no one will steal it. It's sad that a lot of people do that. They will take the stuff from other graves to put it on their loved ones graves. The wreath has a gold banner with the word "Father," surrounded by purple and lavender flowers. It's very pretty. I loved the way the flag waved in the wind. I would have stayed longer, but then I had this strong urgency to go to the bathroom, and there are no bathrooms at the cementary.

 There is this story of when I was a baby. My dad used to take me everywhere, but this one day, he returned with me in his arms and a shirt full of poop. My mother said that he was just smiling as if it was nothing. Defending myself, you must know that at that time, there were no pampers, only cotton diapers and plastic panties.

I found it odd that I should have this urge to go while I was visiting my dad at the cementary. I wonder if he was laughing in his grave. Well, as it turned out, I soiled my panties before I was able to get to the closest bathroom, which was at Burger King. I had to take them off so that I wouldnt soil my pants. I feel so embarrassed. I thought it would feel strange going without underwear, but it was actually quite comfortable.

Something like this has never happened to me. I wonder if it was a sign from my dad. I keep picturing him laughing about it. Carrying a plastic bag in my purse was never a thought in my mind until this happened. It is always best to be prepared. Stop laughing, Dad!

Well, I hadnt planned on it, but yes, I had lunch at Burger King. I ordered the Whopper Jr, because it was a dollar and because I was too far from home. The burger was really small and it tasted dry. It wasnt very appetizing at all. There was a big difference in the Burger King menu compared to the McDonald menu. Although people dont think McDonald is a healthy place to eat, I think there are healthier selections at McDonald's than at Burger King. I should have packed a snack.

I finally made it to the Saint Jude shrine. St Jude is the saint of impossible cases. I lighted two red candles, one for me and one for whomever my dream prince is: (1) to light his way and (2) because he is going to have a lot to deal with when he meets me.

As I was writing down the St Jude novena in my notebook, a large woman knelt down beside me and began to cry. Her hands were dripping in blood. I couldnt see where the blood was coming from, because she had her hands covering her face. I stepped over to her left to see if I could get a better view and to see if I could help, but it was at that moment that her daughter came up to her with toilet paper. She was having a nose bleed.

 She said her husband made her a widow yesterday. I asked her if he was a good husband, and she said yes. Her daughter said that she had insisted on being at the shrine on this particular day. I put my arms around her and told her that she was so blessed to have had such a wonderful husband.

God put me face to face with a widow. I do not know the pain of a widow who had a wonderful husband in her life, but I do know that I would have much rather have felt her pain, embracing the love of someone so wonderful, than to be in my place with an emptiness of a heart that has never been loved. My mother is a widow. I wonder if God was trying to tell me something by putting this woman into my life on this particular day.

 It isnt unusual for God to send me people to comfort, but what happened next was unexpected. The woman's daughter put her arms around me and gave me a hug.

I like this graphic because it says that arms are for hugging. Perhaps that is why God gave me such big arms, because He knew that there would be many people in the world whom I would need to hug.

But for this woman to hug me was so unexpected. God knows I have hugged a lot of people. Today was as if God was trying to tell me that I need hugs, too. This meeting was definitely planned by God. He brought us together to give each other comfort and hope. 

WE ARE, EACH OF US, ANGELS WITH ONLY ONE WING, AND WE CAN ONLY FLY EMBRACING EACH OTHER.

To know pure light, to feel protected, is like a hug from God.

Gardenias -- Slide 2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your entry today very much. So nice of you to visit your Dad & take him something special for his grave. I know he smiled down at you.
I prefer the sausage biscuit myself, hehehe. And I prefer McDonalds $1. menu over Burger kings ANYTIME! :)
I love shopping the $ Stores, lots of good stuff there.
I have been known to not make it to the bathrm too. When I have to pee...I have to pee! As for the other, well that's happened a couple times when I was having bouts of diarrhea. :(
I well remember the cloth diapers & plastic panites, used them on my kids...pampers was out but too expensive for me.
All in all, sounds like you had a nice day.
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

What a very nice enttry today...thanks

hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your Daddy was looking down with pride as you brought him a flag.......I enjoyed this entry very much.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

You have a gift.....i dont know the words for what i want to call it. So i will call it a gift. What an experience you had at your dads grave, who was obviously trying to talk to you, and then at the shrine.
Your day with a loving man will come. I believe that.
XO lisa

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES AS I READ YOUR ENTRIES, I JUST GASP AT HOW INCREDIBLE YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE IS AND JUST HOW BLESSED AND UNIQUE AND GIFTED YOU ARE, WIN!  I KEEP TRYING TO FIND THE WORDS TO CONVEY THE EMOTIONS THAT ARISE WITHIN ME AS I READ TIDBITS OF YOUR EXTRAORDINARY LIFE, BUT I FAIL IN MY ATTEMPT.  I LOVE HOW YOU PHRASE YOUR TIME WITH HIM IN YOUR DREAM AS" LOVING YOU SOFTLY"  THROUGH YOUR INTELECT...SO GIFTED!!
I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR DAD...AND SHARE A GOOD CHUCKLE, AS WELL!!!:)  WHAT A DAY FILLED WITH BLESSINGS--FROM THE DOLLAR TREE TO THE CEMETARY TO THE SHRINE.  YOU HAVE SO MANY WONDERFUL, LOVING DAYS AHEAD OF YOU, WIN!!  MAN, I'M TELLING YOU.  GOD JUST HAS SO MANY BEAUTIFUL GIFTS HE IS LONGING TO BLESS YOUR LIFE WITH...I CAN'T HARDLY WAIT FOR YOU TELL ABOUT THEM!! THANK YOU FOR ALREADY BEING SUCH A BLESSING IN MY LIFE.  MUCH LOVE AND A BIG OL' HUG FROM YOUR FRIEND!!

Anonymous said...

God loves ya Win!!!!!   --Granny Hugs to Ya, MARY