Thursday, July 6, 2006

For Good Measure

                                 

On July 1st, my J-land friend said that she likes the 1st of every month, because the 1st is always another chance to start over or try to do better. I have associated that with January 1st or on my birthday every year, but looking at the 1st of every month as a check-in and reevaluate day is a great idea.

For me, starting over means to start with a cleansing. I purchased Cleansmart Advanced Cleansing which has an a.m. bottle to cleanse inner organs and a p.m. bottle to cleanse the colon. Because I have diverculitis, I have to have more fiber than average people, so I also use 2T of generic Metamucil before bed.

I have been seriously watching what I am eating since July 1st. I ran out of bread, tortillas, and milk and I have not replaced them. The plan so far has been not to overeat, to drink plenty of fluids, not to eat past 7:30 p.m. and to exercise at least 15 minutes a day. I am happy to report that I have been faithful to my commitment.

Looking at this guy's waistline makes me realize that my waistline is still bigger than his, but I wouldnt mind looking good enough to stand right beside him. (blush)

Yesterday, when I was looking in the mirror, I realized that my stomach does not look as big as it was in June. Because my scale died last month, I took out my tape measure. My waistline measured at 37 inches. 

This morning I measured myself first thing in the morning, and I measured at 36 inches. I dont think I lost an inch overnight. I think it was because I measured before I ate or drank anything. It is painful that I am almost as wide as I am tall, but it makes me wonder how wide my waistline was before. Last month, I was so bloated and I could barely breathe in my clothes. I hate that feeling.

Hmmm... looking for a place to hang my hat. I love Texas.

 

 

 

 

 

“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.”  Carl Gustav Jung

News of the Day:

President George W. Bush turns 60 years old today, and he looks pretty good at 60. Even though he has a lot to do, he takes time to take care of his body. That's a good lesson for me from the President of the United States. 

Mexico has a new President. Felipe Calderon won the election by 0.6%. Wow! That's really close.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the eye candy. I needed it.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

MAY I JUST SAY...WOW!!  WILL IT BE ALRIGHT IF I ADMIRE YOU, WIN?  YOU ARE SO ON POINT AND SO FANTASTIC!!  YOU GO, GIRL!!  I ADMIRE HOW YOU HAVEN'T DONE A WHOLE LOT OF TALK ABOUT YOUR PLAN, YOU ACTUALLY PUT YOUR PLAN INTO ACTION AND LOOK HOW WELL IT IS WORKING FOR YOU.  I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE INTO ADVISEMENT THAT ACTION REALLY DOES SPEAK VOLUMES MORE THAN IDLE CHIT-CHAT.  I HAVE  LET MYSELF DOWN SINCE THE FIRST OF THIS MONTH, BUT TODAY, THIS VERY MOMENT, IS ANOTHER CHANCE TO BEGIN AGAIN. MY VERY WISE J-LAND FRIEND TOLD ME TO FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE, THE BEAUTY THAT IS THIS LIFE.  I HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME WHAT I  LONG TO BECOME... I AM NOW AWAKENING TO THAT VERY REAL TRUTH.  THANK YOU.

P.S. NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY, I JUST CAN'T THINK OF A BETTER PLACE TO HANG MY HAT!!

Anonymous said...

whew, nice pictures to wake up to ~~~
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are taking a positive step in the right direction food wise....good for you. I havent measured myself but i do weigh myself. I have to use Benefiber twice a day now...pour it on my food.
I like the pics you have in here.
Hugs,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

What a positive entry!! I basically start over every morning and I tell myself that I only have to get through "today", I say that I can do ANYTHING for one day!! I hope you have a bright & positive weekend :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~