Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Weight Loss Tools: The Calendar

Weight: 152.5 Ate all the time last week but lost 1/2 lb. Not bad for not walking (raining) and eating my favorite foods. Wasnt able to go to the park last week because it rained all week and I havent been able to find a park with swings yet, but will keep in the back of my mind on my Things To Do list. Going back to the Scale...

Yesterday, I wrote about how to weigh yourself. In Chapter Two, I bought a new scale. Because I have difficulty seeing without my glasses, I wanted a scale with numbers that light up and are big enough to see without my glasses.The power of prayer led me to a sale at Target. I noticed that some scales weigh to the 1/2 lb, so I bought the Graves Taylor scale. I weigh myself every day or every few days, because it helps me to keep focused on my goal. When I weigh myself once a week, there is more chance of cheating on my diet. If you gain too much, you know what you have to do. It is important to weigh yourself on the floor, not on the carpet, because you will weigh less on carpet which is not an accurate reading. In weighing myself at different times during the day, I discovered that I weigh less in the morning, so I try to weigh myself at the same time every morning. Refer to yesterday's Scale entry/article. After I weigh myself, I put that weight on my calendar. That is how I keep track and its also good to see your progress or lack of.

The calendar is a great weight loss tool. You can see your weight for the month at a glance. It is also good to keep track of when you walk or exercise and how many miles you walked, not to mention birthdays, when your bills are due, and other events in your life. The luxury of internet calendars is that they have alert reminders. Great tool for home or office! Makes me look smart and efficient. =.)

http://www.inlandcraft.com/

No comments: