Thursday, June 17, 2004

Seeds of Faith...

I havent responded to AOL wanting to feature my journal, because I dont feel that I deserve the honor. I was losing weight so steady in the beginning, but at that time, AOL hadnt noticed my journal. Their wanting a picture was equally frustrating, because not being able to find someone to take my picture made me realize how alone I am in the world, although I do value my independence and I do like living alone.

It appears that my plateau happened about the time my doctor diagnosed me with heart problems. He hasnt been able to provide me with the right dosage for my thyroid, either, but it seems that I was losing weight when I wasnt taking any thyroid medication. Sometimes I wonder if I should just stop taking it, because it isnt helping at all. Also, because I fell last year, I continue to have excrutiating pain in my hip joints and in my lower back, so I havent been able to go walking in a great while, which is probably the reason why instead of continuing to lose weight, I am regaining what I have tried so hard at losing. Oh, so sad when your health gets in the way of your goals.

Oddly enough, my journal seems to continue to inspire, because I have been invited to join an AOL weightloss support group. I hope to make a lot of great friends there.

Right now, my faith is about as small as a mustard seed, but the Lord tells me that is all I need. =.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winn,
Such a surprise! I have had you on my favorites list for a while and didn't even realize it was you that Viv invited to join our group. WELCOME! I too started my journey with a health scare...more on that another time. You are not alone anymore:)
Donna
http://journals.aol.com/dockart/DonnasRantsandRaves/
I've added you to the private journal as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Winn...don't give up! You are doing so great! You more than deserve to be featured by AOL. Even tho you have hit a plateau and you have some health issues...many MANY others can identify with this. It happens to us all! I had emergency abdominal surgery (nearly died) and it was extremely risky due in part to my weight. My healing time was more than triple a thinner person's. I gained even more weight during my recovery and was deeply depressed and discouraged. Now I have this great group of ladies to encourage and support me every day. We are here for you! Do what you can and change doctors if you have to. Your health is very very important. You can maintain at this weight if you are careful and then continue losing LATER. Don't worry! -B

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!  That really stinks that your health probs are causing you to gain the weight back...and after all that hard work!  Has your doctor been able to make any suggestions or at least tell you what's causing this?

Hang in there, it will all work out in the end!

Until then, we're here for you...

Sammie  :)