Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Weaning Yourself From Over-Eating

A life that is spent being overweight is a life that is only half-lived. Weaning yourself from over-eating takes patience and it takes practice. When you stuff yourself with food, you lose out on the fullness of life that God has for you.

Sounds funny, but I am feeling guilty about not "dieting." Normally, I would have gone grocery shopping at the beginning of the week, but I hadnt gotten paid yet. This week is my opportunity to eat my favorite childhood foods. My purpose this week is to focus on enjoying my food, eating slowly, taking little bites, and paying attention to the size of my portions. Children dont eat adult-sized portions and children dont pig out. Children dont focus their whole world on food. Children want to go out and play, they want to spend time with their loved ones, they want to enjoy the pleasures of life. When your whole world focuses on food, you live to eat, and you miss out on life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Win, this is so true!  I can hardly make my kids sit still to eat.  They have to get back outside as soon as possible.  I would so like to be childlike again.  Such innocence
Tracy