Saturday, June 26, 2004

Guilt, Guilt, Guilt...

On Sunday, I was able to walk one mile.. slowly, but I did it. This morning, I was able to walk three miles, also done slowly, but mission accomplished! The rest of the week, it has been raining every night, and God was doing a pretty good job at moving his furniture and turning the lights on and off, which has left us without electricity at times, which means that I have not been able to devote as much time to my journal as I would have liked to. Sighh...

My birthday is a couple of weeks away and I will have to renew my driver's license. Ahh... that dreaded drivers license picture that everybody has to see! It would be nice to get back to 146 lbs for that picture, but I dont expect to lose weight this week. Instead of dieting, I am focusing on changing my eating habits. That makes me feel a bit frustrated, anxious, and guilty about eating the foods I love, not to mention the guilt I feel reading my J-land buddies journals and their battles with temptations of chocolate and visions of japanese wrestlers.

Here's one for the ladies who have done so well this week with their diet plans...

It would have been nice to have been better prepared for this week's menu ideas, but I hadnt gotten paid yet. I went to the grocery store Friday and bought a few things. I plan to continue with my childhood foods next week, also, because there are still a lot of foods I need to savor and a lot of things that I still have to do. This makes me feel happy, because I never had a childhood.  For lunch today, I am having tuna fish patties, mashed potatoes and green beans and kool-aid. Yumm... but I am eating from a small plate.  =.) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the plate trick. When I'm afraid of over eating at a friends house or here at home when it's a favorite of mine I grab a salad plate & it tricks my brain in to thinking I'm getting more then I actually am. I've never had or heard of tuna fish patties. What is that?

Anonymous said...

You're doing good Win, just keep at it and it'll all fall into place!

Sammie  :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great....keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You seem to be doing great!!  I like the little 'count-down' of your weight on the right hand corner.  It's exciting to watch.  If I had one... it would be going UP.  I was on Atkin's for a month.  Lost 12 pounds.  Then I went on vacation and I have been binging ever since.  I've gained back a total of 20 pounds!  I'm heavier now than I was before I started that stupid diet.  Oh well.  Good luck!  lisa