Friday, June 18, 2004

Singing the Blues

A fellow AOL journalist writes the following concerning her weight loss challenge:

As for my impairments, I was really referring to things like getting out of breath, trying to walk and talk at the same time, starting to find my knees aren't up to the challenge of supporting all of the weight I'm putting on them,  especially when it comes to climbing down stairs.

That was me, too, up to when I started losing the weight. I know my 37 lb weight loss might not sound like much to some, but I am at an age when my metabolism doesnt work and my hormones are out of wack (age 50) and I am only 4'11". I dont want to be skinny. I only want to look like Marilyn Monroe. LOL...

TODAY'S CONSUMPTION:

B: 1-1/2 c cooked 3min oatmeal w/cinnamon and pkt sweetener.

S: Cup coffee w/milk and sweetener.

L: Lemon chicken w/rosemary, garlic powder, and basil (drumstick and thigh), microwave baked potato w/I Cant Believe Its Not Butter spray and dash Treschas Chile Powder for Fruits & Vegetables, Salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato w/small amt of Kraft Free Thousand Island, Iced Cold Brew Tea w/Lemon.

S: Fresh pear. Yummm

D: 2 chicken tacos on warmed corn tortilla (not fried) w/ pico de gallo and lettuce, iced tea w/lemon, sugar-free jello.

S: handful of unshelled peanuts.

Notes: I'm off today, so I am able to take the time to cook. Ahhh I miss eating this way.... I dont know how some people can count carbs or calories, because that sounds too complicated for me. Just dieting is challenging enough for me. LOL... I just try to eat healthy.

Colors play a big part in our world. The color blue is said to be helpful in losing weight. I have a plastic set of dishes in four different summer colors. I will experiment eating only out of the blue set and see how it goes. I havent weighed myself in awhile, but I know Ive regained some of the weight because my clothes fit tight. Sighhh... Some people lose 5,000 lbs in their lifetime. I think I'm one of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Win}}}}} you've done well today. Each day of success adds up to many successes...the weight you've lost reflects many successful days! Keep up the great work. There are many of us here who are inspired by you not only in your success but also in your determination to overcome obstacles!

Anonymous said...

(((VIV)))... I am so blessed to have met you. I hope someday we can meet in person. =.)