Monday, May 31, 2004

ENTRY NO. 4

This is my fourth entry today. My first entry was for my friend, Vivian, who's birthday is today. My second entry was for John's weekend assignment... running a little late, I know. :::blush::: And my third entry was a tribute to my father on Memorial Day. This entry is for me...

So many stressors at my work and in my private life were taking a toll on my heart that I had to take a break from my weight-loss program and from my weight-loss journal. Not exercising during these past few weeks has added five pounds to my frame, but I am thrilled that it wasnt more than that.

Just dieting is not enough. In order to continue losing weight, I need to exercise and it worries me that I might not be able to continue taking my walks. I wish there were something that could take the pain away.

At first, I was angry at myself for not being a better role model and for remaining on a plateau for so long, but I am sure that there are people out there who suffer from painful joints as I do, and those who dont suffer from pain at all, but still have problems losing weight. A lot of us lose about 5,000 lbs in our lifetime. =.) It is hard when you have to lose the same lbs over and over and you feel like you're right back from where you came from, but the secret is to keep on trying. Dieting is not about losing a lot of weight so that you can eat all you want in one sitting. It is about changing your bad eating habits into good eating habits. It's about changing your attitude about food and about life in general. It's about being healthy and feeling good about yourself. It all starts in the brain. Once you convince your brain that this is what you want, the body will follow, and in turn, other successes in your life will follow as well.

MY VISION:  She lay there, in a bed of gold, dressed in a gown of the finest white silk, the gown gently skimming her small but statuesque frame. A beautiful bold, gold necklace adorned her neck and glittered upon her face. Her long curly locks lay softly upon her shoulders to the middle of her back. And on her head was a large crown, also of gold and jewels that shone of all the colors of the rainbow. As I leaned closer to get a better look of her, I gasped at her breathtaking beauty. Then her body radiated a bright white light, as bright and as splendid as the sun. And I sensed another presence in the room. He lifted her hand and he breathed life into her lifeless body. At that moment, I felt the transformation, his hand lifting mine, his breath restoring my lifeless body with new confidence, power, and strength. 

No comments: