Saturday, May 8, 2004

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND

For Mother's Day, I'm baking a chocolate devil's food cake in heart-shaped pans as we speak.... I plan to frost it with cream cheese frosting and top it with sliced strawberries all over the top. By separting the layers instead of putting them together, I will be able to get two cakes out of one box... one for my mother and one for me. Saves on calories. ha ha.. I bought my mother an orchid corsage to wear to church. I think she will like it and I'm sure she will love the cake, because she doesnt have an oven and she has a really bad sweet tooth. =.) It will be sad not to celebrate Mother's day without my daughters this year. They live too far away.

We celebrated Mother's Day at work on Friday. It was awesome. We all brought something: fajitas, chicken, rice, beans, home-made flour tortillas, pico de gallo, fruit salad in a watermelon basket, and strawberry cake with strawberries. (That's where I got the idea for my cake. LOL... But devil's food is better; right?!!#

It rained pretty hard all day today. I slept most of the day. I guess my body really needed some rest.

I finally got my income tax money in the mail today. It isnt much, but I went to the grocery store to get what I will need to start a different diet on Monday. Actually, I got enough to do two different diets. The diets are for five days. One is for the waist and the other is for the waist and abdomen. I will write about them tomorrow.

For those of you who dont know.. Suzy has been having trouble with her computer lately and Mary has left journaling (only for a little while, I hope).

AOL continues to want to feature my journal, because it is "normal" and because "it shows progress."

To be honest, I havent seen much progress in my journal since I reached my plateau, but I am grateful that I continue to maintain within the same range. I believe that the reason for my plateau is because I felt sad having to watch some of my diet buddies stay behind, because they became discouraged. It is so hard to feel cheerful when your diet buddies drop out of their weight-loss journey, because you get used to them being there and then they're not. It made me feel sodiscouraged that I, too, felt like dropping out of my own journey. If my diet buddies are reading this, I really miss you and wish you would come back to journaling. Losing weight shouldnt be just about losing weight. It should be about changing your lifestyle, staying active, and eating healthy for the rest of your life. 

It takes no self-discipline to become overweight, but it takes a lot of self-discipline to lose weight. When the bible talks about the fruits of the spirit, the first one is love (which includes loving yourself) and the last one is self-discipline, so please dont give up. If you cant come back to journaling at this time, at least come by to visit. This race is not against you and me. It is against the weight. Do not be afraid to go at your own pace. The only one you are in competition with is yourself.

I would love to reach that finish line holding hands with all the people who started this journey with me. When we get there, I would like for all of us to get together and take a picture of all of us, holding hands at a finish line. Wouldnt that be something?! AOL would flip! Start saving your money now so we can meet in the near future and take that picture together! =.)

Remember: it's ok to get off your diet every once in awhile. In fact, that is a healthy thing to do! Just dont forget to get back on your program! Make tomorrow a great day.

Happy Mother's Day, everybody! =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Top of the day to Ya!!  HAPPY MOM'S DAY TO YOU --Lv Ya --Mary