Saturday, May 1, 2004

POSITIVE CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME

WHAT IS NORMAL?!  A friend of mine writes... Normal to me is just being able to deal with the world without screaming and pulling out my hair! 

Little does she see the great person that she is. Little does she see that she is normal when she is screaming and pulling out her hair!

Last weekend, I took the time to rearrange my room and the art on my walls and I bought some new sage sheets and new silk roses in white, soft pink, and burgundy. My bedspread is ivory with embroidered flowers and crochet and my curtains are lace priscillas. I worked mostly with things I already have but it has made a big difference and I love spending time in my room now. I am glad that something as little as rearranging my bedroom has inspired my friend to clean up her room and put up her cross-stitched blanket!

When you clean up your house, think of cleaning your life of bad habits and rearranging your life til you get the pieces where you want them. The work of your hands is art that should be displayed, not folded in a drawer. It is an expression of your creativity, your individuality, your patience, the "normal" part of you that you think you dont possess. When we were created, we were created with all the tools we would need to make it in this world. Sometimes, we forget that we already have all of these tools inside of us. Sometimes, something as simple as displaying our art and our accomplishments helps to remind us that we are valuable. We are our worst critic. Wouldnt it be great if we could be our best friend?!

When our mental health is not in good shape, our bodies are not in good shape either. Losing weight when you are overweight is a good idea, but it should be a short-term goal, not a long-term goal. Imagine spending your whole life trying to lose weight. How sad to not have goals beyond losing weight, to have but one goal your whole life.

When our mental health is in good shape, our bodies follow, and reaching good self-esteem opens the doors to achieving even greater goals without even thinking! Breaking out of the glass box isnt easy, but the real work doesnt really begin until after I break out of the glass box.

My friend, what has happened to you is that you have forgotten all about the little girl within. Find a special picture of yourself when you were a little girl and put it on your desk as a reminder. Take time to smile at her, to bless her, to nurture her, to make her feel that she is imporant enough to be loved, and to comfort her when she feels that she isnt normal. She is normal and she is beautiful. Allow her to become a part of your adult world.

Win =.) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good advice my friend, very good! Oh yea and........ what is so darn funny about me saying crap and screw??? LMBO!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Win...Just beautiful...And I love that pic of you...You were an adorable child.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ crap and screw, Audrey. That just means that you are normal, too! =.)

Anonymous said...

Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling)
 
Trichotillomania  

I first started pulling out my hair soon after my parents got a divorce in 1999 when I was 13.  
Treatments  

Fluoxetine (Somewhat Helpful)
I was taking 20mg once a day and it wasn't helping. Now I am now taking 40mg twice a day and it seems to be helping me not put out my hair.
Keep myself busy (Working / Worked)
working

Willpower (Somewhat Helpful)
I always wanted long hair so I do stuff with it. I deicided when I moved to Florida on 9-9-07 I will quit pulling it out. I have caught myself playing around with my hair and the thought of me having long hair comes in my mind and I stop pulling out my hair or playing with it!