Sunday, May 2, 2004

PROMOTION?

I continue to gain a pound here, lose a pound there. Right now is not a good time to focus on my weightloss program. I continue to take my weightloss program one day at a time, and I continue to eat about six times a day, just trying not to cheat too often. That kind of worries me because I would like to be slimmer when my first love shows up in May, but...

Remember that God mentioned a PROMOTION? I do not know if this would be considered a promotion, because a promotion usually indicates more money, which I am not getting, but...

I had been helping out at a satellite center these past few weeks and I applied for a transfer there, not thinking that it would be approved. My request had to go through my immediate supervisor, through the center manager, and through the district manager. I was surprised that it was approved so quickly, but I was not surprised that there was no "Good Luck," no "goodbye," or anything. Shows how much my work was not appreciated. Although there are more people to learn from there, my greatest downfall is that because I know CHOICES, they keep throwing me back into activities that have to do with CHOICES. As long as that center manager is there, I will have no opportunity to be fully-trained in my line of work, and I have no opportunity for advancement, but my main reason for requesting the transfer was because of poor management and the stress that it puts on my heart. It's like my marriage to the father of my children where I couldnt even laugh in my own house. The center is run by women. I wouldnt be surprised if the center manager is related to Adolph Hitler or Simon Legree. Management is run by threats and it is more about jealousy and playing favorites.

My transfer at the satellite center starts on Monday. It is a smaller center, and it is run by men. Everybody at the satellite center is part of the original people that were at the center before the center manager started firing everybody. Everybody there gets along like family, but because they are a small center, they are not fully-trained either. We are starting a new system soon, and Larry and Fernando sound worried about the new changes. I have a feeling that they are expecting for me to know more than I know, and I dont want to let them down. When we start the new system, we will pretty much all be the same. I hope I will be able to adapt quickly and prove to those women what they have lost.

The only thing is that there is an opening at the center for a job with the state. It is at less money but it will have better benefits. If I get that job, I will have to make a choice about leaving the satellite or taking the state job. What do you think?! I wouldnt be under the center manager, but I would have to return to the same center.

No comments: