Tuesday, May 18, 2004

PLATEAU BLUES

Thanks so much for your comments, girls. I am so embarrassed that I cant get past this plateau. I dont know why AOL would want to feature my journal now. I guess I will try one last time to take some pictures. If they turn out bad, they turn out bad. I will just pick the best of the bad ones! I dyed my hair again, but I dont like the way it turned out. As bad as the other color looked, people have commented that they liked it better. Oh well.....

As for my plateau, today a woman asked me if I have been able to maintain my weight. She said that most people lose weight, but they gain it all back. I guess she has a strong point there. It does take a lot of work to stay where you're at. But I do get frustrated, because the girls at work are all so skinny or shapely that I feel like I will never get there. I havent been following my diet at all. I guess I should go back to the Herbalife again, because that seemed to be the program that worked for me. Will start up again tomorrow.

Also...I ran into a friend of mine today. He asked me to go away with him for the weekend. I dont know what God was thinking when he made this guy. He has the most incredible butt and the most sensual lips I have ever seen, but being with him would be so sinful, because he is young enough to be my son. Just my luck! Torture! Why are guys my age so ugly, so bald, and so grumpy? Sighhhh... A friend of mine commented that she can see how younger men would hit on me because I look young and I take good care of myself. Coming from her, that comment came as quite a surprise. I might also mention that the maintenance man at the apartments said that he thought I was about 23 years old. Does that mean it would be ok for me to go away for the weekend with that 25 year old?! Oh the torture!... OK... so those were the highlights of my day! =.)

Once again, thanks for your comments, girls. Being on a plateau stinks, especially when you work with skinny girls who dont understand your pain of staying on a weight-loss program! But... I will try to get back on track. Physically, I havent been able to walk for a long time, and that, too, is frustrating, but the least I can do is to get back on my diet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are in better spirits getting stuck at a point must be hard I have not made it to that point yet I keep giving up and now I am determinded to lose this weight.. It will come off and you will be as skinny as the women you work with

Anonymous said...

I know a plateau really stinks but if you haven't been sticking to your diet or getting in the exercise then your doing fabulous. If I don't eat right for a couple of days or don't get in the activity my weight goes up ... quick! Hang in there. I'd go away with the younger guy. Your only as old as you feel. Age is but a number!

Anonymous said...

Suzy, youre back? LOL @ getting to be as skinny as the other women at work someday. One can only hope! =.)

Anonymous said...

Erma, LOL @ running away with the younger guy. He is so delicious that I probably gain weight just looking at him. =.)

Anonymous said...

WIN is back!!!  Thanks for the comment you left on my journal today.  I got my positive attitude about this weight loss thing from you!  And why not run away with him...it doesn't have to be sinful.....
Tracy