Friday, June 15, 2007

It Was Then That I Carried You

          
Today's Inspiration is from Dondie's Journal:

“God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” Philippians 2:13

God loves you far too much to leave you where you are. So why settle for a middle-of-the-road life when you can cross the finish line victoriously! http://journals.aol.com/dondieroy/myweightlossjourney/ 

Thank you so much for your entry, Dondie. It must be wonderful to have a mom who is so supportive and kind... 

  As you know, I am and have always been physically alone in the world. There is no one that I can depend on for any kind of support except myself. That makes it harder for me to accomplish things than it does for people who have people who love and support them. I sincerely believe that if I had received hugs in my lifetime, especially in my childhood, I would have gotten so much further in life...

Many years ago, I decided that if I did not have a father (deceased) and if I did not have a supportive mother, that I was going to adopt God as my Father and the Blessed Mother as my Mother. That may sound unheard of to some, but for someone who is alone in the world, this decision made a big difference in my life, because for the first time in my life, I felt as if I was not alone...

Unfortunately, I am still not getting the physical hugs from anyone. I think my greatest wish would be to just have someone to hold me, just hold me for a very long time. I do not mean that I need a man. This has nothing to do with anything sexual. Although to be held is something that my body needs, I am afraid for that to happen, because I would be so embarrassed if I lost control. I am afraid that I would end up crying and the tears would just continue to flow. It takes a very special person to be able to understand that kind of pain. It is so hard to be strong, but I thank God that I carry the power within myself.

I believe that I was born with all the tools that I need to survive in this world. Some people say that all you need is God, but I disagree. I believe that you need your own power plus the power of God. When the two forces work together, that is the real miracle.  

 Remember:

You carry the Power with you! ~ Elvira

With this bronchitis, I feel as if I am doing everything in slow motion. I am pretty sure that I have become immune to the medication. I am praying for better health and and some new found energy so that I do not feel so overwhelmed. 

I am fearful of what lies ahead, but I am also excited, because I know that God is waiting on me. I know that He wants me to continue to do great things in His name, and if that is so, I know that He will clear the way and help me to get to where He wants me to be...

Today is Friday. I am wearing my rose quartz jewelry, and I love it! Today, I will be going through clothes, deciding what to keep and what to donate to charity. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely verse, sending warm wishes and hugs your way for a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

thanks Winn for the comment.  I wish I could come and give you a big hug..  I am always here for you ~ If you need someone to talk too.
(((HUGS)))
Dondie

Anonymous said...

I'd share a hug with you if I saw you!  :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a lovely weekend. :)
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Win....I hope you have a nice weekend and wish I was there to give ya a great big hug!

Love ya girlfreind!
Hugs
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Winivere, just stopped by to say hello and wish you a nice night and a pleasant weekend.  Love and HUGS, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I truly hope that you start to feel better soon.....being sick seems to play chaos with one's mind on top of their body....I will keep you in my prayers...
Hugs were very rare when I was growing up....I really never think about hugs now...I always hug my kids...but receiving them is not something I put much thought into....I guess that is my way of dealing with it!!!!
take care of you
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Gotcha!!!! I know that feeling first hand.  The feeling of just wanting someone to hold ya and care.  I used to look at mothers holding their children and just wish I could be held and loved that very special way.  That is why God sent us children to hold in the way we wished we were held.  And grandkids to smile up at us --- There is still that magic that we can give to very little ones ---what better hug than of little arms that are so honest in their giving and BIG LOUD KISSES FROM LITTLE CANDY STICKY LIPS!!!!

BIG FAT HUGS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!
MARY  

Anonymous said...

(((((Win))))  Wish I could give you a real hug.  Hope you feel better from hat bronchitis soon.
Hugs,
D