Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Three Causes of Illness

I have been trying to recover from this UPTOWN FLU since last entry. I lost my voice for about seven days. I am finally able to speak, but I am still pretty sick. My coworkers kid me about it and make comments like:  Stop shouting!... or... I'll see if she wants to talk to me today... It's funny that when your voice goes, people dont know how to communicate with you. Somehow, you dont seem as much fun to talk to because they know you have nothing to say. =.)

My grandaughter Bella has been so sick also. She has had four ear infections already and the doctors say she may have to have tubes inserted into her ears. Oh so sad that she has experienced illness so early in her life..

The experts say there are three things that cause illness...

1) Malnutrition~ Some of us do not get enough calories and some of us to not get all the nutrients that our bodies need.

2) Dehydration~ Our bodies are made up primarily of water. We lose water from our bodies everyday by everyday body funcitons including breathing, and if there are other activities other than just being perfectly still, we lose even more water. Most of us do not drink enough fluids.

3) Stress~ My life is full of this! Need to take more time outs, more time to relax.

 

No comments: