Friday, December 3, 2004

Choose Right, Choose Life

My mother's cruelty and bitterness continues to play and replay in my mind, but yesterday morning was the last time this week that the tears continued to flow by themselves. That's a good sign, so I do expect to get back on track today. I am so grateful to God that I live an hour away from her. That brings me some hope. =.) 

If I didnt feel wrong, I didnt feel right. ~ Joyce Meyer

I can understand where Joyce Meyer is coming from. Meyer suffered a lot of abuse as a child, including sexual abuse by her father, but like me, she took what she learned and used it to help others. Bad things happen to people, but how you respond to those bad things is the secret. Choose to be the victor, not the victim. Turn that test into testimony. Turn that mess into a message. Yes, that's the way...

Meyer's statement is typical of someone who has been abused. Forgiving someone for what they do is hard, but it is possible. Forgetting what someone has done, that is the hard part. You cannot forget. It is something that stays with you forever. How you handle it is what counts. I am ok with sulking for a few days if that means that I am able to go forward. I am ok with bringing it back up again when someone else has found themselves wearing the same shoes.

            

Life is about ups and downs. If we are always happy, how would we ever know what sadness is? If we are always sad, how would we ever know what happiness is? How could we recognize the difference in happiness and sadness in other people if we have never experienced happiness or sadness ourselves? It is the ups and downs of life that show us that we are alive... that we are living. If everyday is the same with no changes, that is a flatline and a flatline means that you are dead. If you are dead, you are not living. CHOOSE LIFE......

                     

OBSERVATION: This statement also applies to relationships. It is easier to be in a wrong relationship than to be in a right relationship that is too good to be true.

FACT: Men that I am attracted to: the bad boys. Men who are attracted to me: the bad boys.. men with a past, men who have no idea what it means to be faithful.

CHOOSE RIGHT!.....  STOP opening that same box of cornflakes. Change your brand of men, girlfriend! That PRINCE may be hiding behind a not so perfect face. That PRINCE may be hiding behind a few extra pounds. =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed this entry this morning...thank you, Win!

hugs,
Kathi