Saturday, December 4, 2004

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS...

Host Of Angels - 2001 Santa<br />(16 x 20 in.)

                                                                ~ artwork by D. Morgan

It has been hard for me to get into the Holiday Spirit this year. After spending five days of criticism with my mother, I am not looking forward to entertaining her on Christmas. My brother's birthday falls on a Saturday this year, so that probably means that they will show up on his birthday also, and possibly New Year's because it also falls on a weekend. That means three times in one month? Lord, help me to survive the holidays! This will be a most difficult month for dieting! Sighhhh...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED:

At work, we will be taking turns bringing in snacks and food goodies the week of Dec 13 thru Dec 17. If you have any special recipes or ideas, please send them to me via email so I can get the ingredients that I will need.

Also instead of an expensive present for one person, we will buy inexpensive "gifts of kindness" for everybody. That means I will need to go shopping for two men and two women. Any ideas?

marilyn monroe photo eating chocolate FOOD DIARY

Yesterday, I did something I havent done in a long time. I ate a big taco of papas con huevo and refried beans and pico de gallo for breakfast. I didnt go to the store last week to buy salad stuff, so I felt like something was missing on my lunch plate all week. I had lemon chicken and steamed white rice with carrots and peas for lunch. When I got home, I was a very hungry girl. Sighh... but what I ate was kind of weird. I had corn, but it didnt satisfy me, so I had a cup of fat-free hot chocolate with marshmellows. But I was still hungry, so I had a cup of oatmeal. I know... I know... what a stupid way to eat. I guess that is what happens when your body craves a salad at lunchtime. ha ha... Better buy some salad stuff when I go shopping this weekend.

A special thanks to Kathi for your link to D. Morgan's site. I have been a fan of her seashore artwork since I lived in Rockport, which was probably her early work. I am glad to see that she has continued with her art... something I should get back into myself! 

NOTE... I am not thrilled about putting on some weight after the last time that my back went out, but... I recently ran into an ex-client and and ex-coworker who kept telling me how great I look. It wasnt their words that convinced me. It was the look on their faces that made me realize that even though I am not where I would like to be, I am grateful that I am not where I used to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... two recipes by email but no comments left.... Thanks bunches for your recipes, ladies. Keep them coming!!! Con mucho amor, Win =.)