Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cute as a BUTTON

 
It all started on a Friday,
this trip of FAITH!
 
I quickly threw things into a suitcase
that morning,
completely clueless of what was ahead...
Because the dryer was not working,
I didn't take enough clothes
and only three pairs of underwear...
Grrrrr...
 
I had planned to stop in Corpus Christi
to rest that night,
but my friend was out of town,
celebrating her mom's birthday...
 
I hadn't seen Lil since I lived in Corpus Christi,
which was about 18 years ago...
We got caught up on all the news
of what has happened
since we saw each other last...
 
Lil left me
feeling totally naked
because she cut nine inches
off my hair...
I told her I wanted it cut to the bra line
but she said I would have to wear
my bra higher.
LOL...
but Lil is the only one
who knows how to cut my hair...
and she touched up my highlights on the top, too..
She put a lot of work into my hair...
but when the bill came,
I  was very surprised that
she gave me a break on the price!
I do not know  if I am
cute as a button...
but my hair does look a lot healthier...
 
OMGG @ to top it off,
she took me in for the night
and she fed me!
She hadn't gone to the grocery store,
so we had eggs for supper
and toasted bread with
peanut butter and jelly
for breakfast...
Yay @
how God works
to provide for me!
 
On Saturday morning,
I got on the road towards San Antonio...
I had planned to see my daughter in SA,
but she was out of town...
So off I went into the unknown...
 
It seemed easy enough to get there without a map,
but no one mentioned Hwy 46 & 133...
I had to keep making U-Turns to get there
but I was the first one to arrive...
The good thing about that
is that I had a chance to play 
Goldilocks,
hopping from bed to bed,
until I found the bed that was just right!
 
People started coming in shortly thereafter...
We all slept on bunk beds in a little casita...
It was awfully crowded and awfully cold...
I was upset at myself for not bringing a blanket...
and I had forgotten my camera, too...
 
That night, we got into three vehicles
to go out to eat...
I was a bit nervous about the high prices,
because for the cost of a meal there,
I could probably buy close
to a week's worth of groceries...
I kept looking for the cheapest prices,
but even sandwiches and hamburgers
were expensive...
But then our leader said that
it was his treat...
so all of the guys ordered steak
which was at about $15 a pop,
just for the meal...
not counting drinks...
They ordered appetizers and dessert, too...
OMG @ there were at least twenty of us...
I didn't feel right about ordering
the most expensive things on the menu,
so I ordered the
catfish
and
water with lemon
instead...
It was very good and it wasn't too much food.
As Goldilocks  would have said...
it was just right...
 
Reagan was feeling hot,
so she put her head down on the table.
Then, JC got Heather to put stuff
into Reagan's Sprite...
lots of salt, pepper, sugar...
OMGG @ I was so nervous for her...
and then, he made a toast
to get Reagan to drink the "poison"...
but Reagan didn't notice
any change in the Sprite...
so then, he called a race to see
who could finish their drink the fastest...
No change...
So he got Heather to add more stuff...
to another Sprite...
and challenged her again,
but still...
no change...
 
OMGG @ Reagan never noticed a thing...
but she drank so much Sprite
that she couldn't eat her food
when it came...
 
Reagan was never told
about what happened that night...
Even her sister kept it a secret....
Shhhhhh...
 
Then we got the news...
We would be assigned to condos on Sunday!
I was very excited,
because I have never been in a condo before...
I kept wondering what it would look like
and if I would have a roommate...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a good time and the Lord does provide...have a good rest of the week..TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a ball!  Must hear more!  luv yas,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time.  Can't wait for the next chapter.  Thanks for sharing the trip with us.  How exciting.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Your back and I'm back too LOL!! Did I hear you say OH! NO! not that Motherhen again.He-He.Yes I'm afraid you won't get rid of me so quick LOL!! How could I miss out on your postings. I hope you had the most fantastic time whilst you were on your break.Have a great Tuesday.Thinking of you.Lovely graphics in your last few posts. Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://jounrnals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Roll on next episode....Love sybil xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Condos, typically, are simply apartments that are owned by its tenants -- yet these ones sounds exciting!  I hope Reagan felt better soon.

Yes, God provides -- I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip, and wow, the haircut!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back safe & sound and that you had such a good time....God always provides!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Love the pix & the new colors! OMG...how are you withe the cut...my stylist I've been going to now for about 4 yrs said 2 inches last week & did like 4! I was in tears when I got home...after fighting them for a long time. She was suppose to just take the v point off in the back but it is barely touching my shoulders in the back & it was in mid shoulderblade before!!! I hate it. I know it will grow but it took me a long time to grow it that long & now all wasted. I hope you like yours. Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Wini, where are the pictures?  Did you have some up?  I'd love to see your hair.  Bet you do look as cute as a button.  Boy, the trip sounds like it was a good one.  A condo...whoo hoo and a free meal.  God is good.  Are you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated???? Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

wow im confused. whats this trip about and how did u get into it?