Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Word About Ceremonies

Award.jpgCOLLEGE.jpgTheGlassBox-2.jpglarge.jpgCOLLEGE.jpgAward.jpg

I don't know about you, but I was very disappointed that there was no VIVI award ceremony this year. I was looking forward to all of the festivities.

Thank God for Richard who invited all of the people who voted for The Glass Box to come over to my apartment for our own VIVI celebration. It was totally unexpected, but oh, so worth the moonlight! (see Nov 10 entry)

premiere.jpg Speaking of ceremonies... On Friday, I presented the kids with Student Recognition Awards. The students had no idea that I would be doing that. I love how big their eyes got when they saw all of the awards that they received. I had one student who received six!

Then, I gave them the "news." I will be taking all of the students who are passing and have no behavior referrals to see the Nutcracker Ballet. The children whose names I called were very surprised and they are very excited to be going on this field trip. The children who were not named were disappointed, but they realized that it was their fault for not livingup to their student responsibilities.

Then, I called in a couple of teachers. I recognized the teacher who provided the most student recommendations into my program, and I recognized the drama teacher who helped us with the Anti-Drug Skit. The kids applauded for them and I presented both of them with a cup from our company. The teachers were surprised that they were recognized and the applause from the children made it feel even more priceless.

It was a very simple ceremony and we celebrated with punch, cookies and peanuts, but the ceremony made a big impact.

Before our celebration was over, I noticed that one of the teachers brought in the kids that are not in the program to show them what they have missed.

betty.jpg  So, even though there was no VIVI award ceremony, I would like to take this time to congratulate all the journals that received VIVI awards, all the journals who were nominated, all the people who nominated the nominees, all the people who voted, and all the people who participated in putting the VIVI awards together.

TheGlassBox-2.jpg  My journal was nominated in 2004 and it was nominated again in 2006. Wow! I hope that everybody gets to experience the thrill of being nominated. It doesn't matter that The Glass Box didn't win at either nomination. It is amazing just to know that you have recognized my journal and brought new readers into my realm.

glassbox.gif Thank you, Everyone! You are amazing!!! Thank you for writing. Thank you for sharing your most intimate thoughts. Thank you for sharing your lives with me! I love my J-Land friends!

passport2 Winivere

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

the celebration at school sounds great.... we will have to just schedule a chat to have some fun.   Hugs to you
d

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Win.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I would wear that Nominee tag proudly, Winivere!  You may not have been an official winner, but you were and are right up there with the best of them!  I love your journal, and without the VIVI's, I would have never found you! :)

I am sorry about the ceremony having to be cancelled.  There was just no way I could do alone this year.  Too many people to accomadate.  But, hey!  It gave you and Richard a chance to spend more alone time together! hee

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Check out my sidebar... hee

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

There's 2 chats today.  I think I read it in the J-land convention journal.  I believe I have it listed in my journal sidebar.  I know the 1st one is 3 p.m. EST.  I was kinda bummed of no ceremony but understand why they couldn't have it.  
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/bamas-country-photos

Anonymous said...

But, but... I already wore my dress!!!!!!! Can I come in jeans?? It IS last notice, after all!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  I think there should have been something for the winners too...oh well I guess it is alot of work.....nice to meet ya! Barbara

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry.Yes!! I think many will have been dissapointed.Lets not worry,everyone enjoyed voting etc.How lovely you have given awards out too.That sounds fantastic they will be going to that wonderful show.Thanks for sharing.Take care .
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoirasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader to your journal found through A Little Bit of Sugar Please.   How did we never meet yet?  Awesome journal.  Congrats on being a nominee.  Stop by and say Hi.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

that sounds like you had a great time at your awards ceremony..  I am sure the kids had a good time.  You will always be a winner in my eyes.
Dondie