Friday, November 10, 2006

The "News"

 
I was disappointed that I had to pay twice if I wanted the corrected video of our Skit, but I stopped at Administration to purchase it anyway.
 
richard3 When I was pulling into the parking lot, there he stood, my gorgeous First Knight, holding a large bouquet of purple flowers.
 
"Couldn't wait 'til Saturday, Richard?!" I laughed.
 
He smiled as he handed me the bouquet of flowers and said, "These are for you."
 
 
"Oh, Richard. You are always so thoughtful. These flowers are in my favorite colors! I love them, but the Vivi Awards are not until Saturday."
 
He walked behind me as I entered my apartment. I was busy looking for a vase for the flowers when he gave me "the news." The Vivi Awards were canceled and the list of the winners has already been posted..
 
"The Glass Box didn't win," he said. He reached for me and pulled me close to him, and then, he held me. He just held me. So I let him. He smelled so good. How could I resist?!
 
"I'm okay, Richard, really. I was thinking about what you said yesterday, and I have to agree. It is an honor to be recognized for what we do, but it's not about winning. Fortunately, I don't need a trophy to know that I am a winner in life."
 
"I haven't taken the tags off the dress. I guess I could always take it back."
 
"You will do nothing of the kind," he said. "We are not going to the Vivi's, but you are going to go and put on that dress. I'll be back in an hour."
 
Before I knew it, Richard was at the door, looking better than a man has a right to. He popped open a bottle of Champagne and put in a DVD to give the illusion of a real fireplace in my apartment. We both laughed at the thought that it would be the only way a fireplace would work in the Valley. Then, he took a CD from his pocket and put it on the stereo. We walked out into the balcony and he held me as we looked up at the moon and the stars. I don't know how long we were out there, but it just felt right.
 
All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door and then another and another. Richard had invited all of the people who voted for The Glass Box. I couldn't believe he did this for me. Caterers showed up and there was champagne for everybody. My tiny apartment was so full of people that we had to go outside. There we all were, dancing in the moonlight, and I thought to myself: I love how he knows me.
 
 Dance Me to the End of Time  
 
I would like to take this time to thank all of the people who visit  The Glass Box. Sometimes, I feel as if my journal is a hidden secret that no one knows about. The fact that you have recognized my journal means more than words can say. But to know that my journal has touched someone else's heart is the ultimate reward. 
Winivere

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

It's OK that you didn't win!  I didn't win either...but, like you said, it was an honor just to be nominated!  I met alot of new people, made new friends and enjoyed the entire experience.

Looks as if you did too!!!

Congratulations to BOTH of us!!! (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Thank Richard for inviting me to the party.... It was so unexpected !!
Sorry about not winning...alot of that going around  :  (
hugs
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience the VIVI awards up close.  I’m proud of you for being nominated.  I think you and Richard looked scrumptious!  He is so considerate to have had folks over.  I’m also proud of you for your work with “at-risk” kids … and the anti-drug skit.  This is where your true brilliance shines.  You are doing great!!!  Look forward to hearing of the dancing, but go ahead and let that witch woman fall to her own devises.  Remember when in doubt … concentrate on work.  You can’t error there!  The kids love you and so do we.  

Smooches Ayn

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm.........Richard!  He is so edible!  But, I shall let you do the honors.  I think he so sexy, especially when he starred in "First Knight!"

You know the award ceremony is cancelled for tonite, right?  The winners have already been selected.  We had to cancel the awards thing because I didn't have enough people to help in the chat rooms. Go here: http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/2006-vivi-award-journal/ to check out the winners! :)

Love your imagination, and love your journal Winivere!

Hugs
Jackie