Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday

 
        
If you look up weekend under images, you will find images of beautiful places to see or of things to do with your loved one(s). Unfortunately, for me, weekend means a little bit of time to do those tasks that I don't have the time to complete during the weekdays, and most of the time, those To Do Tasks get carried forward onto the next weekend, because there never seems to be enough time.
 
It would be nice to be able to have time on my hands to do whatever I want. It is no wonder that so many men commit affairs, because men always have way too much time on their hands. Women, on the other hand, always seem to give themselves extra work to do! No wonder we are always tired.
 
 
                    
I timed the hair appointment just right, because I had some time in between to visit the St Jude shrine, to go grocery shopping, to put away the groceries, and to take a nap. I thought it was funny that my coworker said that I could relax and drink a margarita while the kids entertained themselves. That might be the way she babysits, but to me, that is not babysitting.
 
 The girls showed me their rooms and their toys. The ten year old had lots of award ribbons. She wears two hearing aids and has a speech problem. She says her stepfather is more like a real dad.
 
 We watched the Corpse Bride. We ate. We played checkers and tic-tac-toe. The older girl said: I wish you could come back tomorrow. Aww, sweet. Mom must have called three or four times while she was away. We were all like: Again?! Like can't you see that you keep interrupting us when we are having so much fun?! ha ha
 
 
Today is Sunday. I wish this was a day that I could use just to relax, but hopefully, I won't kill myself, trying to complete some of the tasks on my to do list.
 
poodle skirt 50's dog coat costumeWinivere

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a A night well spent.  Kids can be so much fun and give us a different perspective onlife.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Glad your night turned out well......try and rest today !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great night with the kids.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Too true never enough hours ina day for a women.OH!! to put my feet up like a man and sit well back LOL!! Sounds like you had fun.Glad you enjoyed it.Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES