Tuesday, November 7, 2006

After Halloween Party

 
DsDesignsOrangewitch.gifI only got five hours of sleep Saturday night, because I was up until 4:00 in the morning. My friend Laura invited me to her house for an After Halloween Party. She was supposed to have had it last week, but they had a death in the family, so she postponed it for this past weekend. 
 
The party was awesome. There was only one person who didnt wear a costume. The cowardly lion won in the kid's category and the hostess' mother-in-law won in the adults category. She was dressed as  a gypsy. The runners up were Jason and Cleopatra. 
 
The hostess was dressed as a chubby sexy nurse with bright red hair. The host was dressed as a wrestler with no shirt and a silver bling bling cape and silver bling bling underwear. He also wore a matching silver bling bling wrestler mask. Did I mention that he weighs 120 lbs? I thought it was funny that his wife kept saying that her husband is hot and that I was going to fall in love with him.
 
I was in awe at how secure he was in his costume, to be in his underwear in front of people he didnt even know. I have a hard enough time feeling secure in my everyday clothes.
 
There were all sorts of games for the kids~ bobbing for apples, musical chairs, mummy wrap (with toilet paper) and some other games that I didn't get to see, because we were too busy drinking margaritas and having a good time. The adults participated in musical chairs and the mummy wrap. They kept complaining that the toilet paperwasnt Charming because it kept breaking apart. People were also very busy taking crazy pictures behind an inflatable cemetery. After the games came karaoke. Everybody sang really bad but that was what made it even more hilarious. We were cheering and laughing so hard. I thank God that I didn't pee in my pants.
 
The stars looked beautiful and the clouds swept by slowly. It has been so long since I had the opportunity to appreciate nature at night out in the country. Then, I noticed it... there was a full moon. Unfortunately, whenever I am socializing under a full moon, I am sitting with a girl. What is God trying to tell me?!#
 
School News...
 
Tomorrow, I have a lady coming in to teach the kids Table Etiquette. It should be fun. I was surprised that the principal gave me the go-ahead to have the activity in the teacher's lounge. Will let you know how it goes.
 
I plan to have Student Recognition Awards. I have  been busy gathering all the attendance, academics and behavior information to see whom to select as the winners. I would like to make the presentations after the Etiquette lesson, but I don't know if I will complete them in time. I have voting ballots ready for the kids to vote for the Friendship Award. I also want to recognize the two teachers who have helped me the most this six weeks.
 
I spent most of the day yesterday making certificates by hand. I made a border out of our company logo and used a big paw as a seal to the left of the certificate. (Our mascot is the Scottie dog.) I cut and pasted the border around the certificate. I will use my originals to make copies of what I need. I am very happy with my design, because it is personalized, even though I had  to do it the old-fashioned way.
 
I completed and submitted a four-page proposal to the principal today for the Nutcracker performance. It was hard work, and it took me most of the day. I hope she will say yes. I feel sad that if she approves my proposal, I will only be able to take the kids who are passing and who have no referrals. It makes my list very small, but the trip will serve as an example to the kids who could have gone but chose to fight and not keep up with their schoolwork.
 
AOL News...
The Vivi Award Ceremony will be held on Saturday, November 11th at 12:00 PM (PST), 3:00 PM (EST) and 8:00 PM (BST).  The links to the Chat rooms will be listed here about 11:00 on Saturday morning. They will need 5 people to host the rooms, but it cannot be a nominee, because they dont want us to know yet who won. If you are interested in hosting a room, please contact siennastarr@aol.com.
 
Winivere - Candidate for BEST COLLEGE
A special thanks goes out to Donna for her Halloween design above.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party sounded great ! I hope your able to go to the play, its a great reward for those doing well.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the afterparty was fun.Good grief how did he manage all night in just undies.LOL!! Well done with your own artwork sounds realy nice.Enjoyed the entry.Take care.have a lovely day.
Astoriasand http://journlas.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES