Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back at Work

I am still feeling sick and I still do not have my voice, but I went in to work today.

It is funny how people don't know how to respond to someone who cannot talk. They are at a loss and don't know what to say, or they start acting if they can't talk, either.

I am worried about tomorrow. I hope we will be back in time from the Nutcracker Ballet for the children to eat lunch. The woman who was supposed to go with me to chaparone the kids hasn't called and she was not available at her work. I had to look for a replacement and me with no voice!

I was able to reach one of the parents, but because of my voice, she thought I was pulling a prank, so she asked me a million questions. I kept trying to explain to her that I was sick and couldn't talk. She finally figured it out, but she put my voice through the test big time!

Please say a prayer for everything to go smoothly tomorrow.  The students will have to do without their usual breakfast at 9 a.m. I hope they can survive that, and I hope the cafeteria people won't give me a hard time getting them some lunch if we are late returning from the ballet.

I hope I get my voice back by tomorrow. It's already been three days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have lost your voice....like my mother always told me...it is probably right where you left it...oh no...wait....that was something different...never mind....seriously though I hate when I lose my voice!  I bet your students are having a time with this.  Have fun anyway! xoxBarbara

Anonymous said...

WINN, Sorry your feeling so bad, and not able
to talk!  Not good with all the kids.  I am guessing
that ya can't hit either!!  Ah, they are all
"Little Darelings" I am sure~~
~~~~~Hugs for ya love,  MARY

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the trip. I pray all goes well.
hugs,
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

OH! dear you are having a bad time just now with that cold and throat problem.I do hope everythign comes right for you and you all have a wonderful time.Fancy asking you repeatedly and knowing you had no voice Strange to say the least.Take care a speedy recovery to you.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES