Friday, November 3, 2006

This Week on TheGlassBox

  
  
                           http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Winivere/?start=all#imgAnch1
 
As some of you know, I work with "at-risk" kids. Our anti-drug skit finally aired, but they didn't give us credit. I talked to the tech crew and there is a possibility that they may correct that. I hope so, and I hope they won't charge me for the corrected version of the video.
 
I was surprised today that one of the kids who told me she didn't want to be in the program actually complemented me on the skit. She chose not to participate because her best friend chose to stay in PE instead. I was surprised that she approached me. Her friend even offered me a piece of gum. Maybe they will change their minds later.
 
I was especially surprised when I saw a copy of my email to the principal in everybody's box. The principal wanted everybody to know that our skit is airing three times a day. Wow! That's incredible, especially since she has not been very responsive to our program. I think she sees that I run my program very differently from the people who ran the program before me. 
 
   DancingWStars3-14.jpg
 
For those of you who are drooling over Mario in Dancing With the Stars, my boss gave me the okay to teach the kids ballroom. I do not know when I will get the instructor, as I will be sharing the instructor with a co-worker from another city, but I already have seven volunteers. One of the volunteers said her partner had better look like Antonio Banderas. I told her that he might look like Antonio Banderas, but he will probably be a sixth grader. The deal is that the instructor will teach me and the volunteers how to do the Tango and we will teach the kids what we learn. The original purpose was to compete with other schools but because there are only three schools involved, we will probably only put on a show.
 
                                     http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Winivere/?start=#imgAnch19
This is a picture of my granddaughter's feet. As you can see, she put her shoes on the wrong feet. I am dyslexic. I just hope my feet aren't dyslexic, too! It has been so long since I was on the dance floor. That was in 1979 and early 1980, when disco was all the rage. "The dancing queen" they used to call me. Wow! Flashback! That was almost 30 years ago. 
 
In April 1980, I was in an unbelievable car wreck. That was the time that I died and God brought me back to life. My body is full of broken bones. The doctors warned me that if I survived, I would never walk again. Three years ago, I had a severe fall at work. A monthago, I fell coming in from the rain. Will my body be able to do this?! My ankles still hurt from my last fall. I have no idea if my body can survive this, but I am willing to try.
 
Also, for the past month, I have been working on a proposal to take the kids in my program to see the Nutcracker.
Our company is paying for the tickets and the bus. The principal finally responded today but she wants a lesson plan, so I will be working on that over the weekend.
                                   http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Winivere/?start=#imgAnch1    Just in case you haven't voted for the VIVI Awards, this link will provide instructions on how to vote.
 
 
Thank you for considering me for this honor.
Winivere~ Candidate for BEST COLLEGE
 
                      

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my journal and stopping to leave a comment! I really appreciate it, and thought I'd check yours out in return!  How fascinating!  I am liking what I am seeing!  Can't stop to read the whole thing today, there's an awful lot to catch up on, but you can rest assured, I will be back!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/
PS>  Good luck!  You deserve an award if anyone does!

Anonymous said...

What you are doing with the kids is amazing, good on ya.I was sorry to hear that you have problems with your body. I hope and pray you are not suffering too badly with pain. And i hope you will be up and walking for many years to come. if any one deserves a award its you, for all the hard work and time you give to others.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

You sure have been thru alot. What you do for the kids is really great. They are lucky to have you!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Nice entry, good work with the kiddos! :)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Just when I think I've had it bad with my body falling apart, I always find someone who has been through worse.  I'm sure am blessed.  Good luck on the Vivi's.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

enjoyed this entry very much also had a a chuckle and a flashback as yourself over the dancing in the early eighties though i am much older than you i think.but i loved to dance still do.Love the pics how handsome that guy is.I hope you manage to do the dancing but please take care Good Luck and also withthe Viva's too.Take care
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wow, really does sound like you and your body have been through a lot! but i think that God saved you for a purpose, look at all the wonderful things he's enabled you to do. I just think you need to trust in Him!

Shermeen xx


http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

My life has been very hard, Shermeen. People pray to God and they may trust in God, but many people want God to just give them what they want. I pray to God and I trust in God, but I also do my part. It is always important for us to do our part.