Saturday, October 30, 2004

Halloween Friday

It's hard to believe how quickly time flies. If the full moon hadnt showed up on my way to work earlier this week, I wouldnt have noticed that it was already time for another full moon. Unfortunately, I didnt set my AOL reminder and I missed the opportunity to do another full moon diet. Sighhh...

Where has the time gone?! Halloween is almost here! Last year, they didnt allow us to dress up at work. Yes, I work for nerds. =.) This year, they gave us the OK at almost 5:00 p.m., probably hoping some people would overlook it. The receptionist and I were alone at work the day we found out, because other staff were at training, so I didnt get a chance to look at my emails. Luckily, the receptionist had seen the email and she let me know as we were locking up, but it was hardly with enough warning to be creative! Budget only allowed what was in my closet...

I couldnt believe I found pictures of what I already have on the internet!!! Here are pictures of what I wore on Friday...

I have this costume and this broom. I wore my hair the same way, but my hair is curly. I have a bat necklace like Lilian Monster wore on the Monsters, but I wore it last year and it wasnt in my Halloween stuff, so I wore a spider necklace instead and large orange retangular dangling earrings and an orange and silver bangle bracelet. The bracelet and the earrings were from the dollar store. And no, I didnt wear the ugly shoes on this model. LOL ... I wore my 40's peephole slingbacks.

Witch Costumes Adult Halloween Costumes

I added this hat. I would have worn my black lace gloves but I wanted to wear my silver rings (pictured below)....... 

                              

This is my silver lacey armor ring. I wear it on my index finger. It's fabulous. I always get looks when I wear it and everybody always wants to try it on.......

                  

This is my silver spider poison ring. It opens up to hide that powdered poison for your wicked boss (I have a good boss.), your magic fairy dust (I could use that to lose weight faster!), or that magic love potion dust?!! (Yay...I could use some of THAT!)......... My spider pendant is pretty much the same except that it doesnt open.......

                                 

I love Halloween. It's the time that you can be anything you want!! I love dressing up and giving out candy to the cute little children that come to the door. I loved to volunteer to chaparone at my daughter's Halloween dances. I always blended in with them, dancing, going into the spooky house, and just having fun with them. I am glad that my children have fond family memories of us at Halloween.

That was yesterday... Early this morning, I went out for a walk under the moon. It was a very pleasant walk. I walked 3 miles. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Costume!  I bet you looked very sexy!I like Halloween too, but I don't dress up any more.  I like watching my kids do it.  Brandon is Harry Potter and Kyle is an Ninja....same as last year.  But they are adorable.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Great costume Win.  Cool rings too. I wasn't invited to any Halloween parties but if I had been I would have been Cat Woman like Halle Barry.
Love,
Kat