Thursday, May 31, 2007

You Left Your Imprints On My Heart

Saying GOODBYE is never easy. Yesterday was my last day of work. Today, my immediate boss wanted me to go in so that they could pick up the filing cabinet and the computer. I will not get paid for going in to work today.

I misplaced the wire that adds pictures from my camera to my computer, so these are only a few pictures of the memories I will take with me from this school year. Some people have said that I have touched many hearts, but these kids all left a big imprint on my heart. Yesterday, I got hugs in the 8th grade hall, the 7th grade hall, and the 6th grade hall. I was very brave and didn't cry, but watching these pictures brings tears to my eyes of the beautiful children that I must leave behind.

When I came home, I had to take a nap. All of this business of working late hours and trying to get things done by yesterday has been so exhausting.

I was very surprised that the director told me that my last day would be May 30 by email, but I was even more surprised that when I went in today to sign off my time sheet, leave the keys, pick up my paycheck, and deliver my papers, the director was not there to say goodbye to me. I can only assume that he feels bad that he had to let me go. My immediate boss was at a loss of words. He never gave me a goodbye, either.

I leave my job, knowing that this time that they gave me to finish up, I could have spent looking for another job, but instead, I did everything that I could to bring as much of my work up-to-date. I leave this job, knowing that I gathered all the information my boss will need to complete the paperwork on my files. I did not leave them stranded. I went beyond my expectations to leave my work in good standing. They will not have anything to complain about.

I am grateful that I am the way I am. I am grateful that no matter what, I leave my job knowing that I did a good job. When my immediate boss sees my kids' progress, he will see that, too. I thank God that I made a difference where I was planted.

Where will God place me next? What plans does He have for me? I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach that this door has closed to make way for a new door that I have yet to find.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was just freaky. I just got finished reading an older Oprah "What I Know For Sure" and it was on imprints on your heart from love. Wow...must be my message for today. She also said that love mends the broken & torn pieces of your heart. I guess I'll use that for my posting on my new journal today.

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/methinkstoomuch/

My New One:

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/somethingelsetothinkabout/

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person.  I know that great things are in store for you.  Enjoy your time off while you can.  Jo

Anonymous said...

Awww Win, many hugs to you. The children all looked happy God will place you were your needed the most. Yes and you made an inprint on there hearts they will never forget you. Your a wonderful person to leave your work neat and tidy, no loose ends so to speak. There are many many people would have said to hell with it.
Your in my thoughts and prayers
love and hugs
Katie x

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE you've done good things where God planted you, touching lives which, of course, touch your life back.  I'm sorry that some of the adults didn't do right by you, in my opinion, while so understanding doing what was right, completing your job as well as you could.  {{{{WIN}}}}   May God find you a great spot, not and have you feeling anxious in the meantime.  It isn't easy to say good bye sometimes, but when it's hardest, I figure the time that was spent, meant a lot more.