Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Chain Reaction

                                   

Last week, the doctor scolded me for not taking my thyroid meds. "Don't you know the thyroid controls everything?!@#" she said...

OK, so if the thyroid does control everything and the doctor wants me to take my meds so that I can get my thyroid under control, why did she give me the wrong dosage?

I have been calling the pharmacy almost daily. When I called the pharmacy today, the pharmacist said they were ready, but when I got to the pharmacy, they had the wrong dosage again. Then the clerk discovered that it had been filled three times and there was one with the right dosage, but she said that they do not exchange meds. She wanted to charge me again. Well, as luck would have it, the after effects of the critical reader is that I took it out on the clerk.

Normally, I would have handled something like that in a calmer and kinder mood. God, forgive me! The case of the critical reader turned into a chained reaction!!!

Will she snap at someone when she gets home? Will she snap at someone tomorrow? I had no right to snap at her. It wasn't her fault that the doctor didn't bother to look in my chart.

My God! What can I expect from a doctor's office where the receptionist says that she does not take messages and the doctor yells at her patients?!

I feel as if I didn't do very much at work today, because I do not have very much to show for it, but I focused on the most important things that I need to get done so that I can focus on other things.

I finished up the certificates.... I know... I should have already done the presentation, butwith 103 students, I have a really big batch. Some students will be receiving several certificates, so you can imagine how many I had to do and cut out by hand!

The principal put my ROPES proposal in my box and wrote a lot of questions all over the proposal. I had to do an Addendum to answer her questions in hopes that she will approve it, because the days to complete the school year are short. Sarge will be helping me to conduct the ROPES activity. It took me several hours to get ahold of him to get our stories straight before I could submit the addendum. Sarge had no problem with my ideas except that he asked to change the date because something came up on the day that we had originally planned to have it.

Then, I had to get our tax number to complete the solicitation letters for donations, because I am trying to get some gift certificates and prizes to give to the kids at the end of the school year.  I spent a lot of time on the phone and faxing letters to businesses. I hope they will be able to help me with donations.

My boss sent an email today that there will not be a bonus if we did not have 105 case managed students by 5 p.m. today. Hello! How can that happen if the last batch needs two months of services and we are only on May 1st?! Thank God I didn't try to get two more students on my caseload. =.)

I have a student who needs glasses, but I haved looked everywhere and I cannot find the last vision voucher that I have. It was in my notebook. I hope I didn't drop it somewhere. Please pray that I find it...

FYI: I never found my lists of the kids who took the surveys, but I thank God that I think on paper. I found a file in my computer at work where I listed the names of the kids. I am so happy that I found it. It will help a lot. 

I have no idea why I keep losing things lately. I guess it would be helpful if the papers were color coded, but unfortunately, all the papers are the same color, because it saves money to use white. I think next year, I will buy my own colored paper to make copies of the really important stuff. And yes, my thyroid medication does not help me with my memory if I do not take it! =.)

As for my health... well, I am disappointed to report that there is still no change. Do you think the doctor gave me the wrong dosage for my other meds? I have so many meds that I am like a walking pharmacy. I hate pills.

Never make someone a priority when they only make you an option.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WIN,

I UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF CHAIN REACTIONS--IT IS AMAZING HOW THE NEGATIVE ENERGY FROM SOMEONE, EVEN IN PRINT, CAN HAVE SUCH AN EFFECT.  DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF...IT HAPPENS.  WE LEARN AND MOVE ON, WE ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND ACCEPT IT AND TRY TO BE BETTER NEXT TIME.  BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YA THAT IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO SAY THAN TO DO AT TIMES BUT WE CONTINUE TO TRY, DON'T WE?
CONGRATS ON FINISHING UP THE CERTIFICATES...YOU ARE SO DEDICATED! I PRAY YOU WILL FIND THE MISSING VISION VOUCHER...YOU WILL!!
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.  ASK YOUR DR. THE TOUGH QUESTIONS BECAUSE IF A MISTAKE WAS MADE ON ONE DOSAGE, IT COULD BE WRONG ON ANOTHER.  UNTIL LATER, KNOW YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS!

Anonymous said...

Just take things one step at a time hun.....I have gotten to the point that I am forgetting everything....misplacing things....I now carry a date planner with pockets and slots and holders and a calendar...it has everything...and I write everything down....any question, thought, idea and so on...it has helped...I am sure you already do that...just slow yourself down if you can...I so hope the meds help you...
take care of you
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Well, I know why *I* keep losing things.  It'd help if you had some time and energy to get organized and then dive in:)  Focusing on the important is good.  I will also pray your student gets his/her glasses, the vision certificate is found, something!  I'm using two pairs of borrowed glasses as mine broke.  neither of these are quite workable so I right now cannot see whatI'm typing at all.  But, I will in time be able to get myself a new pair.  Every day in school without good vision is hard.   You're doing great:)  I'm sure the 103 you do have all notice everything you do!  -- Robin  p.s. -- the good things leade to other good things, too.   You could always stop back in the pharmacy and tell her that you're sorry you misdirected your frustration out on her, instead of where it should have gone??

Anonymous said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. You are a busy women..  
take care of yourself.
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Please by all means do NOT mess with your THYROID, as I have had thyroid diesease for 25 years, and when I was first diagnosted I did not listen to doctor and went in a thyroid storm it has messed my whole body up so please take your meds, Deanna