Friday, May 18, 2007

The Day After

                                     

 I had a hard time trying to fax the apartment application today. The secretary thought that I might have done it wrong, so she tried to do it herself, and it still didn't go. Was it an omen or was God telling me to wait?

I did a couple of groups, but then it rained, so I couldnt do another group during fourth period. I tried to do another group during seventh period, but all of the kids were cleaning out their lockers, so I couldn't do groups then.

Then, I saw it. The people who offered me the job sent me an email that they gave the job to someone else. How strange is that?! Sounds to me as if God spared me. All I know is that after I got that email, I felt shock, relief, and then, worry about where I will be working in September.

I called my boss, and he was speechless. I asked him if I should come in to see the director anyway or not. He said I should keep the appointment.

I went to talk to my director, as scheduled. He was shocked to hear the news. He was prepared to help me move financially and physically. Wow. I feel bad for doubting him now.

He called the people in Corpus while I was there and put them on speaker phone, so I could hear what she had to say about me. Her voice was soft and she didnt have anything bad to say about me. She just said that I didn't respond quickly enough, and then, she asked him what kind of a worker I am, as if she was reconsidering. My boss said that if he was going to work for her, he would prefer to work in that far away town. That tells me a lot.

The problem is that now he has nowhere to put me. The grant for the schools we were expecting to get didnt come through.  He said he is going to think about it over the weekend.

 

Thank you, Angela, for this beautiful tag. I love it! =.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Win.  I'm glad you kept your appointment with the director, and learning that you do have support there just not a job.  It's almost as if this other place was more concerned about filling a spot than about the people themselves.   Maybe you're right, that God did intervene:)  He has before for so many of us.   Okay, Iadmit, I'm still shocked HEARING this even.   Somehow, there will be an open door, a good one.  you're in my prayers, Win -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about you this weekend. I know God has a plan for you.  We just have to wait on him..  He is always RIGHT on time.  Have a good weekend.
((HUGS))
Dondie

Anonymous said...

I'm just now getting around to journals to put them on alerts.  Something will come up for ya.  God has a plan.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers and toes crossed that your idea job will come along. I am sure him upstairs will work his stuff and you will be able to work to your full potential. You have dedication to your job and a passion for things that are right for your kids. You know i smile every time you mention Corpus Christie. My x mum in law used to watch murder she wrote with Angela Landsbury.She mentions it alot if its the same place you are on about I have to admit watching it as well now lol. Keep your chin up Win things will come good.
love and hugs
Katie