Thursday, May 3, 2007

Women of Power

                              

The principal returned my Addendum to my ROPES proposal. I was surprised to see that she has been approving things left and right, but when it comes to my proposals, which were probably first in line, she did not approve them, This makes me very sad, because I really wanted this for the kids.

 If I had that much power, I would use my power for good, not for evil. Some women test their powers. They try to humble you. They like to see you with your head between your legs. They like to walk all over you...

Nothing that I do is for my own glory. Everything that I do is for the students. I wish she could see that. Why is it that men bosses allow you to shine but women bosses do not?! 

My last proposal (the dancing), she said that they didn't have the space for the kids to do the dancing, and that her employees took preference over my program.

Women bosses just want you to remain in the dark and not say a word, because it might call attention to yourself. I know she is not my boss, but she still makes the decisions to approve or disapprove any and all proposals. Oh, to have that much power. If I were a boss, I would be a great woman boss, because I am not a jealous woman...

                                        

One of the teachers says that the principal discriminates against the Spanish kids. The principal came to this country from Mexico. If she is a success story of the American dream, why would she want to descriminate against these kids? These kids try really hard. 

When I was recruiting kids, she told me that she didn't want any more Spanish kids in my program. She really is nobody to tell me which kids to pick. All of the Spanish kids qualify. Was it that she didn't want me to get the numbers? Was it that she was trying to get me to fail? Or was it that she really does discriminate against the Spanish kids?

I am caught in a tangled web of emotions right now. It makes me sad that my program is not recognized as an important part of the school. The person who worked my program last year has really messed it up for me this year, because she never did anything for the kids. This is like a marriage that is only on paper.  This has been a most difficult year for me at this school. I have had to swallow a lot of comments from the staff who do not believe or understand the great impact that my program can have on the school.

I am trying to figure out what I can do for the kids before school is out without having to go through the principal to do it...

The people in administration are always walking around with their nose up in the air as if their butt smells better than ours.  Why do people with power think that they are so much better than others? Surely, they put their panties on one leg at a time. 

"Remember: You are no different, Forrest. If God had wanted us to all be alike, He would have put braces on all of our legs."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so frustrating all around.  It makes no difference what ethnicity those kids are, and that you're stepping in behind someone who did nothing, is difficult, also.  I, too, hope that you can figure out something positive for these kids that doesn't require approval:)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

SO DISAPPOINTED TO READ YOUR PROPOSAL WAS NOT APPROVED.  IT PISSES ME OFF THAT IT WAS THROWN TO THE SIDE SIMPLY BECAUSE THE ONE WITH THE POWER IS BEING ASSININE!!! I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY FEMALE BOSSES ARE MORE TIMES THAN NOT SO NEUROTIC, EXCEPTIONALLY PICKY AND MORE OF A HARD ASS THAN THE MEN WHO HAVE BEEN IN POSITION OVER ME.  WHY IS THAT?  WHAT AN ABUSE OF POWER.  WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH.  THE TYPE OF HARASSMENT I HAVE RECEIVED FROM FEMALE BOSEES IS MORE SUCCINT IN ITS TREACHERY IN THE BEGINNING AND THEN SOME TIMES IT IS ALL OUT WARFARE.

HANG IN THERE, WIN.  YOU ARE CREATIVE AND YOUR HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE--I BELIEVE YOU WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING SPECIAL.  DON'T GIVE UP!!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh that is so wrong why an earth turn down something what is going to be so good for the kids. It beggers belief. This lady needs her arse kicking. Is there a higher person you could seek help from, at every point she has poo pood your hard work. You certainly need some kind of help here.Also it needs making plain just what will go and wont go in helping these kids with there education. Are they meant to sit in a hall or classroom twiddling there thumbs. If thats the case you need to look into another job for next fall. i hope i have the school year right. Im devistated for you because i know this meant so much to you Win.
love and hugs
Katie