Thursday, May 24, 2007

.::Shock::.

                                               

If you live your life like a flat line with no ups or downs, you are not living. Thank heavens for the ups and downs of life. It helps me to know that I am still alive!
 
I cannot deny that I am nervous about having to start over again... at my age... and yet, it seems that everywhere I go, they keep calling me "Young Lady." Does that mean that I might have a chance against all of that youthful competition? I know they are not supposed to discriminate because of age, but it is so obvious that the young are at the top of the hiring list.
 
I thought that I would have to explain my dilemma, but it looks as if I have already explained it previously, sort of. Hummm.. I am running behind reading my own journal?!
 
It is just that I did not expect this to happen so soon. I figured that I would work through summer and be without a job in September. I am still in shock. I have never left a job with money in my hand.  Perhaps, I shouldn't hold my breath until the money is in my hands.
 
I ask myself if I was fired or if I was laid off. What will I say when I am asked in an interview why I left my last job? It sounds to me as if it was a cut in funding. Am I wrong? What will my boss say when someone asks him? I will have to askthe accountant to see if he can find out for me...
 
I have told some of the teachers what happened, (that the principal does not want me to return next school year) and they are as shocked as I am. Many of the teachers feel that I have done a lot for the kids.
 
Mrs. J says that they have never had anyone like me before. She said she was looking forward to working with me next school year. She seems very impressed at how I am with the kids, how the kids respond to me, and how I have gone beyond the call of duty for the kids.
 
No matter what happens, I know that I have made a difference. It is sad that some people fail to see it or refuse to see it.
 
What will my life be like next week? I am just hoping that I will not run out of my savings before I find another job.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were fired without cause, or laid off, I believe you'd be eligible for unemployment.  Did you get any written notice of any of this?  I hope you can find out more information tomorrow, Win!  (And any severance pay??)

Anonymous said...

I know you will find something so much better....I am just sorry you were cut off of your job....
Keep positive
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I was fired from my job of seven years back in September of 2006.  The first time in my life I had ever been fired.  I kept running through all the things I could have done differently, said differently, thought about differently.  But then it hit me--my boss fired me because he was scared of me.  I knew how to do my job, all the mean and horrible "out of the blue" reasons he gave were just to cover his butt.  He fired me because I wouldn't do his job for him, because I told him that was against the law.  I was reeling, I couldn't breathe!  But I got unemployment, and I got a new job by November, the day before my 40th birthday.  And it was the best thing that ever happened to me.
  Don't view your age as a limitation (I have no idea how old you are) but view it as experience, as wisdom.  We have something on the "younger" generation.  And there are places out there who will appreciate your maturity, your loyalty, your work ethic.  Don't sell yourself short.  Believe in yourself.  
   Good luck to you.  You will survive, you will land on your feet.  Find your inner strength and rise from the ashes like the phoenix.  I believe in you.
   J

Anonymous said...

As one door closes another one opens. do schools in the USget spiecal funding for having people in schools such as yourself. I think the head had a great deal of back handedness, she never okayed anything you thought would help these kids. There must have been money involved for your department. She hated any ideas that needed funding and of course the ones that needed extra work. The head needs the chop not you.
love and hugs
Katie