Thursday, May 10, 2007

Teacher Appreciation Week

                                

 This week was Teacher Appreciation Week. We have had sweetbread, baked potatoes, chili, and today, we had lasagna and salad from Olive Garden. It has been good, because I haven't had to buy lunch all week.

I don't make the kind of money that teachers make, so I decided to send "Teacher Appreciation" emails decorated with pretty graphics for each day of this week. 
 
On Monday, I sent out a teacher joke. On Tuesday, I sent a poem called "I am your student." On Wednesday, I think I sent out some quotes about teaching...  oops at my memory. Today, I sent a poem called "I am a teacher." 
 
I was surprised that when we were eating at lunch together, one of the teachers commented that she didn't want the emails to end. I have received very little response from the staff about the emails, so I thought they were not paying attention, but it looks as if they have been reading them!
 
Tomorrow, I am sending a game that I made up called "Who's That Teacher?" I think it is a clever idea. Here is what it will look like... 
 
WHO'S THAT TEACHER?!@#
 
How well do you know your teachers? Don't compare answers with others or it could cost you. Please submit your answers no later than 2:30 p.m.
 
1. IS ENGAGED
2. TOOK BALLET AS A CHILD
3. RAISES PIGS
4. WAS AT TRAVIS LAST SUMMER
5. HAD CHILDREN LATE IN LIFE
6. EATS SNICKERS CANDY BARS
7. OFFERED MONEY TO STOP FORWARDS
8. WEARS TWO KEYCHAINS FOR LUCK
9. FAVORITE TIME IS SATURDAY NIGHT
10. WANTS TO BE A LOSER
11. HAS A MASTER'S DEGREE AND CAN DRIVE A BUS
12. LIVES WITH PARENTS
13. DECORATED A PUMPKIN WITH SON
14. HAS PSYCHEDELIC ART PAGES
15. HAS A SON WHO GOES TO SCHOOL IN MEXICO
16. CAN FIX A COMPUTER
17. WAS IN THE MILITARY
18. WILL BE RECIEVING SOME MONEY
19. WORKS WITH HIS/HER CHILDREN
20. LIVED ON A RANCH AS A CHILD
21. DOESNT WANT TO RETIRE
22. DRIVES A SILVER CAR
23. HAS LIVED WITH TURKEY ABOVE
24. HAS WORN AN AFRO
 
 
Last month, I went to interview for a job in Corpus Christi. Although I don't know if I would like to return to working for a woman, I was disappointed that they turned me down.
 
Yesterday, I was surprised to receive a phone call from the woman who asked me to interview last month. She wanted me to go to interview for a job in a rural town that is halfway between here and Corpus Christi. It's in the middle of nowhere, really. I turned her down right away, but then, I thought about it and sent her an email today.
 
She returned my email, saying that she and her boss were saddened that I had turned down their offer for another interview. I was surprised at the misspelled words in her email but even more surprised that she gave me reasons why she feels that I would be good for that job. I'm wondering if it is a site they have had trouble placing someone at. Sounds as if it would be a position where I could pretty much run my own show, but I don't know because at the previous interview. They sounded kind of controlling... Maybe they would only be controlling if I was in Corpus Christi. It sounds as if I already have the job; doesn't it?! I am still behind in my work, but my boss gave me the ok to go to the interview on Monday.
 
I wasn't able to do much data entry today, because the computer was down, so I came home at around five o'clock instead of working later. Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. It helps to know that I have angels on the net. =.)
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, great inspiring e-mails, bits of quotes, etc.  See, one doesn't need money to reach out and touch someone.  Or a telephone.  A bit like journals I suppose, except with a publi journal, ones doesn't know for certain who is accessing it.  Hmmm on the job bit.  I'm sure you'll weigh the pros and cons and pray about it, feel it out.  It'd be nice to just run the program w/out overhead interference, yet ?  Have a great Friday and weekend!  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! (to send the emails) Too bad I read about it a week too late to send any to some of the teachers who have really inspired my daughter,LOL. (although I suppose you could send a 'thank you' email anytime, couldn't you?)

Hey, I went by all 3 of your journals,per Ceilisundancer's recommendation and your comment on my journal. Was impressed with what you have on Each of them:)

As far as a submission goes for CarnivAOL? Pick out what You think is one of your best entries, from whichever journal you choose. I'll ask Plittle (who is in charge of CarnivAOL) if it's alright if I 'pimp out' the fact that you have several other journals,when featuring the entry you send:) Your writing is very good, IMHO, and all 3 of your journals are very interesting.

Speaking of Feng Shui (I know, I'm on the wrong journal for this comment,LOL) there's a nice lady on Yahoo 360,where I have a page also, who has a neat Feng Shui journal you might like to check out. I'll email you the link:)

Kathi