Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Seek the Beauty Within

Goldie Hawn in Death Becomes Her http://www.themakeupgallery.info/character/fat/dbhgh.htm

Tyra Bankstyra_banks_thumb1.jpg

Tyra Banks goes undercover as a 350 lb woman and describes her one day experience as "one of the most heartbreaking days of my life."  

Gwyneth Paltrow in Shallow Hal  http://www.themakeupgallery.info/character/fat/shalgp.htm

"One of the most heartbreaking days of my life?!" How about a lifetime of heartbreaking days?!

Today, I had to take a picture for my ID at work. How horrible to have to show it off! Needless to say, taking that picture reminded me of the celebrities who have had to put on some weight or a fat suit for some of their acting roles. If only I could take mine off as easily as they can!

Godmother, where is that magic wand?!#

What kind of lives would these celebrities have lived if they had lived their lives being overweight? Would we still love them? Would we still want to look like them? Are we just as guilty of loving them because they are pretty, as some people are guilty of looking down on us because we are overweight? I am not really a Tyra or Gwyneth fan, but Goldie... well, Goldie is just too lovable! I know for a fact that I would love her no matter what her weight. She just has that wonderful personality, and besides, she is with Kurt Russell and my brother looks like Kurt Russell. I think it would be "groovy" if my brother were to find someone that looks like Goldie. 

I loved Goldie as a strawberry blonde in Death Becomes Her. She was a redhead in Private Benjamin, also. I think she continues to keep the blonde look because her name is Goldie, but I think she looks better as a redhead. My hair is naturally red, but I have always tinted it a light brown and I am currently a blonde. I sometimes think about going red, but I am afraid it will look too orange.

Looking at "the other half of the glass," the celebrities overweight pictures make me see how ordinary they really are. That gives me hope that I, too, have the potential to look extraordinary.

Victim of a bad ID picture, :::shock:::gasp:::

Win =.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Win -

Gosh, seeing those pics of overweight celebrities really makes me wonder what I would look like "normal".  Pretty dang good I bet.  Your posts always make me think.  Jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
Now they know how it feels to be fat. What for a few days or weeks? and they are apalled at how they are treated. Most of america is overweight and have to deal with the unkindness of a weight problem on a daily basis. The actresses that are shown here have money to pay to stay slim and trim and don't have to worry about how they look. It is a shame but true. I don't feel sorry for them being temporarly fat. I wouldn't go to any of these movies or like the actresses that are making money making a mockery out of being fat.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
You are so right about a lot of celebrities being quite ordinary with the thousands of dollars in clothes, make-up, hair extentions, surgery and diet and fitness trainers. Perhaps we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves after all.

Tilly