Wednesday, November 2, 2005

finding Courage from Within

The power of the mind is so powerful that, if you set your mind to it, what others view as impossible can become your reality. 

                   

At yesterday's meeting, we were asked if we wanted to be trained to become certified ROPES instructors. The campus where I will be at is only for 9th and 10th grades but it is a huge two story campus. Day before yesterday, I was huffing and puffing from only one floor of stairs at central office, which is a much smaller set of stairs than at the campus. Signing up for the ROPES course could be suicide to someone like me, not because I am 52 years old, but because I am so out of shape! What was I thinking to sign up for it?! Well, for one thing, it is not until December 20th and 21st, so that gives me a little time to prepare. For another thing, it would be selfish to think only of myself, because who knows if this opportunity will show up again, and if I dont do it, it will be an injustice to the kids I serve.

 Yikes, did i mention that I am afraid of heights?!  Time to confront your own fears, Win!

It is not enough to be a role model on the surface. It's not enough to have pretty clothes if your fat rolls out from every angle of your very being. It'snot enough to be thin if you are not fit. To be a real role model also means to take care of yourself and taking care of yourself includes taking care of your health. ~ Win =.)

Lo que comes es lo que reflejas. (What you eat is what you reflect.) ~ Gabriela Spanik/actress

 www.timelesscharms.com

It all begins with me!

~ Win =.)

11/02/2005 - 5:30 p.m.~

Well, looks like I'm going to be staying at the same campus, because the man who began training me doesnt speak Spanish. Third day down. Today made me wish I had had a pedometer. Walking, walking, walking, stairs, walking, stairs, walking. Just going out to lunch is exhausting! Whew! If this small amount of walking tires me out, how will I do in the ROPES training?! My hip is killing me. Must lay down now. teehee

You can put a tiara on Camilla, but putting a tiara on her head does not make her a Princess. I'm sorry if this statement offends anybody, but I dont think very much of Diana's prince and I think even less of his new wife.

L8RZ,

Win =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the rope class will be fine, no worries. I bet you will have a lot of fun and really enjoy it.
hugs,
Kathi