Saturday, November 26, 2005

Bursting at the Seams

               corset2.jpg

Do you know that if I measure my waistline with the measuring tape backwards, I really have a teeny tiny waistline?! Oh, if only the measurement was true!

I have been in better control of my eating this week. I prepared the homemade stuffing and I baked the turkey, but I was too sick to make the pie. I have yet to sit down to my Thanksgiving dinner. I have spent most of my time crawling back into bed and exercising my kleenex tissue arm.

  Why is it that whenever I get sick, I always manage to gain weight? It's not a good idea to weigh myself when I am sick, because all it does is put me into shock. How do I gain so much in so little time, especially since I have been so careful not to over-eat this week?!

Could it be all the sugar in the orange juice I drank this week? I usually put sweetener in my tea, but because I was expecting company for Thanksgiving dinner, I made it with real sugar. Because it seems a shame to throw it out, I diluted it. I usually dilute my juice also, but I was too sick or too lazy to do it this time. Could all this weight gain be from all the fluid that I have been putting into my bod? 

God, I hope it is only water weight and not fat. I could understand this weight gain it if I had eaten a lot of food, but I really havent. It just doesnt seem fair to gain all this weight when I have been good, when I havent indulged in any kind of tasty feast whatsoever. Perhaps it was from reading about all the chocolate that Sandra eats?! Can you gain weight from reading?! For goodness sake, I havent even had my turkey dinner yet!! Oh, it's so unfair!

It's funny how Scarlett already has a tiny waist, but she is still trying to make it look smaller. The challenge is not to tighten the corset on Scarlett. The challenge would be if Scarlett was trying to tighten the corset on the black woman. Oh, God! It just seems so impossible.

A wish is a dream your heart makes. ~ Walt Disney

11:21 p.m. ~ Okay... here's the buzz. I just got back on the scale and I have gained 2 more pounds. It's got to be all the tea I have been drinking. But youre supposed to drink plenty of fluids when you are sick; right?! Too bad I dont have any water pills. ha ha... I'm adding even more fluids to my bod, because I am having soup for lunch.

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~ Flavia Weedn

Desperately seeking that tiny waistline,

Win =.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How ya feelin??  I think you discovered it for all of us!!  We're all gaining weight from reading!!!!  LOL  Its probibly just some H2O retension.  Your body doesnt like to be sick.  A friend who is dieting with me has a waist ~ I'm a box shape!  Ewwww!  That waist line is coming and it sounds like you may be a little blue~It'll get better ~ it always does!!  Hang in there Win!!

<SMILE>
Your friend,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, I sure hope that you aren't right about gaining weight from reading journals and being sick! If thats the case, I've gained about 10 pounds..lol.
Hope that you are feeling better.
hugs,
Kathi