Sunday, November 27, 2005

Be Not Afraid~ Be Grateful

Four days down the drain. Now I only have one day left of my vacation and I have spent all of it being sick.

I havent accomplished anything these past four days, but somehow, I managed to gain 6.5 pounds without over-eating. According to statistics, an average person gains 7 pounds during the holidays. Does that mean that I can only gain 1/2 pound between now and New Years?! The scale is not my friend this week.

When I told God that I wanted to at least get back to where I was, I didnt mean back up to 190. I meant back down to 146. God, please dont let me go back up to 190!!!

When I was a little girl, I told God that I didnt want to grow up. That explains why I am short.

Once again, God took me literally. Be careful what you pray for, because you might get it. Today, I will sit with God and explain myself more clearly.

I was so close to my goal weight, but I blew it. Although it seems redundant, I must forgive myself again and try, try again...

Ten Things I am Grateful For

1. Although I am not where I would like to live, I am grateful that I have running water, electricity, and a roof over my head.

2. My job causes me stress, but I am grateful that I am no longer working with idiots who dont know how to treat people like human beings, and I am grateful that I have a job that provides me with benefits and steady income.

3. I do not have a fancy car, but I am grateful that my car is paid for and that I can depend on it to get me to where I need to be.

4. I enjoy spending time by myself, but  I am grateful that I have a telephone and a computer that allow me to reach out to people whenever I want to.

5. Although I have multiple health problems, I am grateful that I still look young and that when people see me, they have no idea how old I am or that I have health problems. Although I am considered obese, I am grateful that I still have admirers and that there are some people who would die to have a body like mine.

6. After all that I have been through, I am grateful that I havent gone insane and that my mind still works.

7. Although they live far away, I am grateful that I have two wonderful children who are blessed with little cherubs of their own.

8. I am grateful for the farmers who plant and harvest food and raise farm animals so that all I have to do is to select whatever I want from the supermarket.

9. I am grateful that I live in the United States, the greatest country in the world... the land of dreams, opportunity, equality, and choices.

10. Although my life has been hard, I am grateful that life has provided me with all the tools that I need to make it in this world. I am grateful that my many gifts, talents, skills, and successes have helped me to help so many people to find their own way. Now it is time to help myself.

Love, Win =.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you and will continue to do so.
Jo

Anonymous said...

Im sure you won't have any trouble losing those pounds once you get well. Don't stress about it right now, just concentrate on getting better.
You do have wonderful things to be thankful for.
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I knew you had a journal but couldn't find it.  I think I finally found it in Linda's journal.  Anyway, now I put it in my journal.  Hope you feel better real soon.  That sucks to be sick on your vacation.  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/BamaSweetiePiesWeightLossJournal

Anonymous said...

HEY WIN!!!   SORRY YOUR FEELING LOUSY---I GET A LOT FROM READING YOUR JOURNAL---YA REMINDED ME TO REMEMBER TO BE GRATEFUL---LOVING THAT PEN---NEAT!!   SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY!!!!!  LOVE, MARY
           http://journals.aol.com/adaywithmary/ADAYWITHMARY/