Friday, November 18, 2005

The Equations of Life

\

 My mother walked in with a bag of week-old bread and some rotten apples and rotten tomatoes. Was she trying to prove a point? What was she thinking? Would this be considered generosity?                    

She smiled a wicked smirk, as she pulled out a $20 dollar bill and said that it was for my turkey, because she would be boiling some turkey legs for herself and my brother. Does that mean she wont be coming for Thanksgiving?

Whether they come or not, I always make my Thanksgiving fix ~ two days of cooking, because I only have one oven. It doesnt matter if they decide not to come. Either way, I will be prepared to receive them. Thanksgiving is not so bad when they come over, because my brother is a funny guy and he enjoys my cooking. But I am sure that my brother will notice and comment that I have gained weight. I can hear him now: Oh, sis, what a darling maternity dress... Oh, youre not!

I am glad that my brother is talking to my mother again. Because of my intervention, my mother has recovered her son. Unfortunately, once again, I have ceased to matter to her, but that's okay. If she cannot accept me as I am, she will have to answer to God when she meets Him face to face.

Now, she says she is going to hire a lawyer to sell her land. She is angry at me, because I refused to take a $100 dollar bill from her on my birthday. Why is it so hard for her to see that a hug from her would have been worth more to me than any amount she has to offer. She is selling her land because she thinks it's a form of revenge towards me. I dont have a place to call home, but I dont think I would want it anyway, because she is such a bitter woman. The only thing I have ever asked of her, she has never been able to give me~ love. Maybe she willbe happier to rent an apartment like I do. Maybe not.

Some people are just like poison. They are toxic and no good for your life, even if that person is your mother.

                                

No comments: