Thursday, January 13, 2005

Nervous Jitters

A local employer saw my application online and invited me to interview. I was nervous about asking my boss for some time off, but he is good about letting me take time off when I need it.

It seemed that there were a number of obstacles in getting to the scheduled appointment to do the testing and to get to the interview, but I survived. The lady who did the testing was wonderful. I was disappointed that I only typed 68 wpm. I missed one word on the spelling test but I dont remember what the word was. LOL.. some word I had never heard of before. I surprised myself at completing the math test in about 5 minutes and I had about 25 mintues left over.

The interview panel consisted of three people, not quite as scary as interviewing before five people, but I cant remember what their names were. Wish they had been as friendly looking as the ones pictured above. =.) I dont know how they took my answers. I would say that I did quite well, but I dont know how they took my perky attitude, because all three of them seemed quite stuffy. I did notice that the man seemed to like it when I mentioned that sometimes we need to conquer our Goliath's. The women were having a hard time keeping up with writing down my answers, but I did get some outloud agreements with the things that I said.

The question will be if they decide to hire me, but these jobs usually take about a month for them to decide. The job pays about what I make now, but it is under the state. A job with the state offers more security than my current job which is funded contract to contract. My current job offers no raises and no opportunities for advancement and I do have to drive further to get to work, but my boss likes that I am smart and he values my work and my opinions. Would I be able to find that at this other job?!

No comments: