Saturday, January 29, 2005

MM Quote

"Nobody ever told me that I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they're not."~Marilyn Monroe

Boy, can I relate, Marilyn! If you and I had met, we would have had so much to talk about.

No one ever told me that I was pretty when I was a little girl, and no man has ever told me that I am pretty, either. Women tell me sometimes, but it's not the same to hear those words from a woman. Have men stopped saying those things? When I find a man that tells me that I am pretty, I hope he also sees the beauty within.

Going to try to take another short walk tonight. It would be good to complete those three miles today and I only need to do four more laps to do that!

I am not really trying to diet. I am trying to re-train myself to eat healthier and to include exercise in my day. I made a salad and added cut-up pieces of chicken breast for supper tonight. It was very good.

Marilyn baby picture: http://www.everlasting-star.net/biography.php

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was told that I was pretty as a child. Women tell me that I am. The one man that has my heart in the palm of his hands tells me I am beautiful, that he could "pluck me out of my pictures and kiss me" but....I still don't feel pretty. There have only been one or two men that have told me that I was pretty in my life and when they did, I didn't believe them. Good for you for going to walk some more today! I wanted to take a walk, but the roads were too icey..:(
hugs and love,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
Hope that your walk goes good.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to find your Journal again it has been a while.  I am back working on the weight thing again--More important working on myself--Mary
My new journal is