Saturday, January 1, 2005

2005

My New Beginning...

Changes for 2005

In 2004, the Woman in the Glass Box was half-way out of the box when my back injury made it too difficult to return to my moonlit walks. In 2005, I find myself back to where I was last January. I am disappointed that I didnt reach my goal in 2004, but I have not given up hope.

There are no failures, only different ways of doing things. I have to try something different...

Yesterday, I made a visit to Barnes and Noble and found The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen, a cookbook that has won the IACP Cookbook Award. The book shares some of the family's history and talks about healing. I do not know if I can learn to cook Chinese food like they do, but it is interesting reading and it might help with my health problems.

I also found a book called Dr Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss. It's a picture book about choices between the same calories or more food. He suggests for us to eat mostly fish, fruit, and veggies, so even though I still have a lot of poultry in my freezer, that is what I will try to do this year.

Although I have back problems, I have to find a way to get my waistline back and sit-ups are a definite no-no. At this physical level, a gym would not be wise, so I have decided to try Yoga for it's health benefits and also to relieve stress, and we all know that stress is one of the reasons why people gain weight. The other two reasons why people gain weight are dehydration and malnutrition. You can eat a lot of food and still be malnourished.

I bought a purple Yoga mat that came with a free Abs Yoga video. Because I do not want to do more injury to my back, I am taking things slowly, but I like this video. Yesterday, I had a hard time with it, but today I was able to complete it. Strengthening theabdominals also helps to achieve better back support, so I have hope that this will be a goodstep for me. 

Some people give up on their dreams, when success could be just around the corner!

Wish I could be like Sonya Thomas, aka "The Black Widow." Sonya is a 105 lb weakling who wins almost every eating contest she enters. She has gained $40,000.00, but her metabolism is so good that she has not gained a single pound! Check out her stats....  

1. Hard-boiled eggs: 65 in 6' 40 seconds.
2. Acme oysters: 432 in 10 minutes.
3. Cheesecake: 11 pounds in 9 minutes.
4. Buffalo wings: 162 (5.09 pounds) in 12 minutes.
5. Baked beans: 8.4 pounds in 2' 47 seconds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{Win}}}}}

Best of luck and health and happiness and wealth in 2005. You have a plan....you will have success!!!

Vivian

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Win.
Love,
Kat