Sunday, January 2, 2005

Epiphany

Radiant Angel by Edward Tadiello

I am so tired of being sick. It's been hard trying to get things done, because I feel so miserable, but at least I have my voice back. I start to do things and then I have to go lay down, and then, this horrible cough wakes me up at night. I wish the Lord would hurry up and heal me like He healed the woman who touched his cloak.   

Lord, I  am not worthy to receive you. Say but the Word and I shall be healed.

I am excited that the three Kings are on their way to see Jesus. I suppose most people took down their Xmas decorations already. I usually wait until after the three Kings come, which wont be until January 6.

The nativity at church is life-size. The way they arranged all of the characters, however, people are not allowed to get close to the nativity. There were 9 Xmas trees on the altar this year and lots and lots of red poinsettas in gold pots. There are no words to describe how breathtaking the decorations were this year.

After mass, I ran into Father Dougherty. I hate that all of the masses are in Spanish, but when Father Doughterty gives mass, he says a special prayer in English. I asked him about the prayer and I guess other people have asked him about it also, because he had a written copy for me...

May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you that He may defend you; Within you that He may sustain you; Before you that he may lead you; Behind you that He may protect you; Above you that He may bless you; And may the Blessing of Almighty God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit come down upon you and remain with you forever. Amen.

It was raining when I came out of mass, but it wasnt raining very hard, so I headed towards the church store, because it made me sad that the ox from my nativity is missing. I was hoping to find it at the church store, but I was greatly disappointed that they only had the standing ox. 

Samson was on sale, so I picked him up. Samson was the caravan guide that guided King Baltazar to meet King Gaspar and King Melchoir who were also on their way to see the baby Jesus.

And then, there it was... In the center of the store was the kneeling ox and it was on sale, too! God is so good. He knows I went looking for the ox. It's just like him to put it on sale for me. =.)

On the way from the store, it began raining pretty hard. I got pretty wet walking from the store to my car. When I got home, I had to lay down... again. I have been trying to clean the living areas all day, but I just havent felt like doing anything.

I did do my Yoga abs video, though. I still have trouble with some of the poses, but I completed the whole thing today. Yay. 

I colored my hair darker and I dont like it. I asked God to make it look half decent, because I had to go to church this morning, but I dont like it. I want to go red this year but I'm afraid to do it.

My clothes are fitting so tight. Must try to eat healthy.

Lord, do not allow me to get so comfortable inside the Glass Box that I become afraid to break free.

glass castle

Glass Castle by Peter Ellenshaw

Remove the obstacles that are blocking my will to diet and exercise. Send me the Angel of Courage to guide me towards excellence as I face each new day. Restore my health and be my Strength as we travel through this difficult journey together.                          

                       

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you have been sick forever. I hope that you get better soon.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I know, Kat. Sometimes, I think God is trying to convince me that I need someone to take care of me and comfort me. I am so used to being independent. It would be nice to have someone bring me some soup. =.)