Friday, December 15, 2006

Staff Meeting

 
 
     I was nervous about going to the meeting today, because I wasn't prepared. I brought all of my paperwork home, because I am so behind in my work. That kid that locked my filing cabinet cost me two months of not being able to get to my papers. I have been sick, and so, I even thought about calling in sick instead of going in to the meeting, but I went to the meeting anyway, praying all the way: God, just let me get through the day.
 
We had a presenter today on Anger Management. He walked into the room, and I quickly turned my head. "Oh, no!" I said. "You know him?" they said. "He used to always try to get me to go out with him," I said, blushing as I turned away.
 
Have you ever been nervous in your life?! I tried not to look at him, but then he commented: (My name)! I didn't see you there. (I was trying really hard to hide behind Patty.) How long has it been? He commented to everybody about my hair. You could tell he still "remembered" me, and then he said, "She's still got it!"
 
My colleagues were teasing me the whole time. I tried to keep my cool, really I did, but it wasn't easy.
 
I had planned to sneak out when it was time for us to go to lunch, but he extended his hand out to me and tried to make conversation. I tried to shake his hand, but he held it instead, and then, he said, "It's been six years. Why?" Of course, I didn't want to answer his question, and I quickly said, "I have to go to lunch now." It felt too awkward to stand there with my hand in his while everybody looked on.
 
Actually, it has been seven years. It's funny that last night, I was thinking about God sending me the right man, a soul-mate, if you will. Is it fate that James should show up? He doesn't even work in this County. God is pretty good about finding me a good parking space, but when it comes to finding me the right man, I am still waiting for God to get it right. 
 
So... yea, I made it through today. I am now officially on vacation. I still have a lot of paperwork to do, but I am officially on vacation. =.) I have a lot of things to do that I normally don't have the time to do. I hope I will be able to do at least a few of the things on my TO DO list. =.)
 
P. S. The students and I went caroling last night. The students had fun, and so did I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On vacation huh, well good for you!
Glad you had fun caroling, know the kids had a blast. I miss carolers going door to door. :(
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Love is in the Air!  I want to go caroling.  I was thinking about going by myself....but people would probably think I was a wierdo.  Oh well...Barbara

Anonymous said...

Could be a sign.  Enjoy your time off!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hello Win,

God has always gotten it right, and when he feels you're ready he'll send a man your way.

I think it's fate that James showed up, but maybe other than the reason of you two going out. Or maybe it is meant to be. What do I know ? I just hope you find a good man.