Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas @ TheGlassBox

xmas.jpg

CHRISTMAS GIFTS...

At work, I received an inexpensive Body  Slash and Lip Gloss from my friend, Laura. She bought nice things for other people, and she felt bad about buying me such a cheap gift, but the fact that she thought enough about me to get me something was totally unexpected. I loved the Body Splash so much, that I had to go out and get the full-sized bottle. It is called Sugar Apple Fantasy, and it smells as if it is something from Bath and Body works.

My Angel said that she is making me something, but I haven't received it yet, because she hasn't finished it. I wonder what it is.

I haven't been able to keep up with Season Three of Grey's Anatomy, because they moved it to Thursday, so I broke down my "It's too expensive" thoughts and bought the Second Season of Grey's Anatomy. It comes with five discs, and so far, I have only watched two. That's lots of hours of viewing, so if you think it is not worth the $50, believe me~ it is worth the price!

As I have previously said, I usually don't expect to get gifts at Christmas, so this year, I would have to say that I made out like a bandit. LOL

CHRISTMAS DINNER...

It hasn't felt like Christmas, because I live in tropical weather. Everyday has been HOT, but Christmas weekend brought some cold temperatures. I love snuggly weather, even if it is just snuggling by myself! =.)

On Christmas Day, I decided to bake the turkey to keep the house warm, but I have been feeling so sick ~ congested, coughing~ that I hadn't gone to the store. I didn't have any bread to prepare the cornbread stuffing, and I didn't have enough margarine or milk to make some mashed potatoes, and I ran out of rice, also, so I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner. I did have some Valley Ruby Red Grapefruit and Oranges that my friend Noe gave me earlier this month, so I dissected the grapefruit and oranges and added a can of tropical fruit. The top of the oven wasn't working, so I didn't bother to make a cake or a pie. Parts of me are still wanting something sweet!!!

It is a good thing that my mother and brother didn't show up for Christmas, because I didn't have a full meal prepared. Perhaps it was a blessing from God that they didn't show up, because I wasn't looking forward to my mother's negativity on Christmas Day.

I didn't do much on Christmas Day, except put the ornaments on my tree, cook the turkey, watch Grey's Anatomy, and wrap my mother's and my brother's gifts. My J-Land friend was shocked that I hadn't put the ornaments on my tree yet. She doesn't work and she is at home all day, so I can understand how she would have her home all prettied up for the Holidays. Me~ I work~ and I work hard, so getting the ornaments up on Christmas day is ok by me!

It was great fun to take out my whimsical fat mermaids and merman ornaments. It was good that I took them out of their box to enjoy them, because I only get to see them during this time of year. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas this year. It is only four days until New Year's Eve. Do you know what your New Year's resolutions will be?!

pastmemories.gif

Winivere

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a very happy and healthy new year.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I did not bother with a christmas dinner, me and my friend was meant to go out and have a picnic, it did not work out that way so, i cooked the turkey made some home made fries and had trifle to finish.And the xmas tree got wrecked by  my kitten family, lol so all in all i had a good one lol
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

What do you do for a living? I must read back... I love the sound of the mermaid ornaments...
Happy days,
lyn