Thursday, March 22, 2007

Take Heart, Take Wing...

                                          

     March 20 through 23 marks a moment of perfect balance between night and day, but after this, the days will be longer than the nights. During this season, we celebrate the resurrection of the earth and the fragility and courage of new life.
     This is a season of new beginnings, and it is rightfully associated with the egg, because the egg has long been revered as a source of life.
    
Crowned with sweet tulips, with snowdrops and lilies,
She gathers the nests in her arms.
She broods over eggs, she shelters small creatures.
The shape of her body burns bright in the grass.
All around you, the smallest ones hatch.
Then they fly and they sing.
Take heart, take heart and take wing.
 
... It takes great courage and energy to let go of stuck patterns, and break out of the egg (The Glass Box). To do so is to be free, to have the courage to embrace the new life that awaits outside of The Glass Box. It sounds so natural, so beautiful, but The Glass Box has provided me with so much comfort, that the thought of breaking out of the box is frightening...
 
                                   
 
     Life has allowed me the priviledge of knowing what it is like to be a woman who can stand on her own two feet. My life lessons have been difficult, but they have made me stronger, and allowed me to experience the sweet taste of victory. It has been wonderful to be triumphant, but my victory has always been to stand alone, and I like being alone...
     ... I do not know if I am willing to expose my heart to the tragedy of my vulnerability. I want to stay strong. I do not want to allow someone to shatter the heart I have worked so hard to mend... 
 
                                  
 
 
     ... And yet, from time to time... if you watch closely... you will catch me trying to catch a glimpse of the view outside The Glass Box... wondering when it will be safe to break the glass once more...
 
   Winivere

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR FRIENDS, SO YOU ARE NEVER REALLY ALONE! XOXBARBARA

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts...deep from the heart.
Thanks for sharing them
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

You word that beautifully.   I am stronger than I have been in the past, I wish to live life which means embracing it, risking that hurt, yet....   there is fear, a feeling of needing to protect, also.   The week of perfect balance.  intriguing idea.  -- Robin
http://journals.aol.com/ceilisundancer/RandomThreads/

Anonymous said...

I hope you do!  : )  Shelly

Anonymous said...

We are all here for ya friend...big hugs,TerryAnn