Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blowing in the Wind

                               

   I went to the Shrine store to buy a candle, and this little boy was in total control of his mother. She started yelling and arguing with him, as if she had forgotten that she was at a blessed place, but the child continued to drag his body on the floor like a snake. 
 
   St. Jude is known as the saint of the impossible. The shrine nearby is very primitive. It is outdoors and it looks like a cave.
 
   I sat myself down on the bench in front of the shrine, looking up at the beautiful greens of the different trees that shade this area. With closed eyes, I sat there in prayer, trying to hush the worries of my mind, as the wind blew through my hair. It was a very windy day.
 
   I wrote a little note and placed it under the candle, hoping my prayer will be answered.
 
   Unfortunately, the winds brought on a bad headache and worst~ a bad fever. So here I am, battling a bad case of yellow phlegm and a dry cough. The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind...
 
   I know God is trying to tell me that I need to rest, but like that little boy, my mind keeps dragging my body along, knowing that I am too behind in my work to be sick. I hope God will allow me to compromise, because we must find a balance.
 
OK, God, I will take it easy today, but tomorrow, I must try to put the pieces of the puzzle together, and that means, that I have to go to work in the morning.
 
  
Winivere

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that you get better soon. Miss you.
Love,
Kat
Kuhlhiggins

Anonymous said...

Well i can not tell you to rest because like you say your too busy for that. But i can ask how far are you going to push that poor body of yours. Can you not deligate some of your work. Get the students to help out a bit, just while your body heals it self. Please take care of your self
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

I wish I COULD delegate. Unfortunately, I am the only one who can do this. =.)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today.  take care of yourself.
Dondie

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better... Hugs~~Carol~~